2 days OPE/TUTBO-E
- Mentors in charge of training field operators onsite.
- This course provides help to mentors in order to fulfill their mission in the operator training program.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- insure the smooth integration of beginner operators in their shift team,
- train practically the beginner operators on the field,
- verify that they have actually acquired the required knowledge and competency,
- communicate effectively with the trainee and other stakeholders (in-house training department, IFP Training).
- Excellent knowledge of the operating unit assigned to the trainee.
Ways and means
- Role playing, putting the new trainers in various training situations on an industrial site.
- Extensive group discussions.
- Training situations based on actual incident reports.
This training course is also suitable for Operations staff mentoring colleagues to new positions.
GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF OPERATOR TRAINING 0.25 day
- Field Operator Certification program organization.
- Teaching method and knowledge assessment.
- Conditions for granting the certification.
TRAINING ORGANIZATION & RELATIONSHIPS 0.25 day
- Training book: a standardized document to improve trainee follow-up and communication with trainers.
- Synchronization of the topics seen in class with working practice. Mentors/trainers meetings in the field.
- Mentors’ missions (integration, on-the-job practical training, verification of acquired knowledge).
- Final briefing and participation to the final board of examiners.
MENTOR’S TOOL BOX 1 day
- Teaching know-how:
- Communication techniques, questioning, listening, observing, reformulating, development.
- Assessment techniques: assessment preparation by the mentor, running the assessment meeting.
- What approach to adopt when a trainee is unsuccessful.
- Technical knowledge:
- From a real company situation, how to develop training exercises.
- Learning the installation during interventions, detecting and using interesting situations for training.
- Accepting one's limitations; developing strategies to retrieve information.
PRACTICAL APPLICATION: OPERATOR'S INSPECTION ROUTINE CHECKS 0.5 day
- From a video shot on a plant: case study and mentor’s experience.
- Observation of the sequence by the participants to make comments and suggest improvements.