2 days OPE/TUTBO-E
- Mentors who are in charge of supervising field operators under training onsite.
- To help mentors fulfill their mission in the operator training program.
- To enable a smooth integration of participants in the "Field Operator Certification" training program into their teams.
- To instruct operators support them during the training program.
- To assess a trainee’s skills.
- To communicate efficiently with the trainee and other parties involved (training department, IFP Training, etc.).
Ways and means
- Dynamic delivery that emphasizes exchange between participants:
- use of role play placing participants in various training situations on an industrial site
- group discussion of a filmed processing
- training site scenarios created based on real incident reports.
This training course is also suitable for production staff mentoring colleagues in new positions.
General objectives of operator training 0.15 day
- Field Operator Certification program organization.
- Teaching method and knowledge assessment.
- Conditions for granting the certification.
Organization of mentor / IFP Training / Company’s training department relationship 0.15 day
- Training book: a standardized document to improve trainee follow-up and communication with trainers.
- Synchronization of the topics seen in class with working practice. Mentors/trainers meetings in the field.
- Final briefing and participation to the final board of examiners.
Defining mentors’ missions 0.2 day
- To ease the trainee's integration into the team.
- To perform practical on-the-job training in a controlled manner.
- To carry out practical training in working conditions. To assess the trainee's practical skills.
A mentor’s tool box 1 day
- Teaching know-how
- Communication techniques, questioning, listening, observing, reformulating, development.
- Assessment techniques: assessment preparation by the mentor, running the assessment meeting.
- What approach to adopt when a trainee is unsuccessful.
- Technical knowledge
- From a real company situation, how to develop training exercises.
- Learning the installation during interventions, detecting and using interesting situations for training.
- Accepting one's limitations; developing strategies to retrieve information.
Practical application: operator's inspection routine checks 0.5 day
- From a video shot on a plant: case study and mentor’s experience.
- Observation of the sequence by the participants to make comments and suggest improvements.