4 days EAV/MSL
- Managers in a new position in lubricants business. Commercial staff moving into the lubricants area or with responsibilities, e.g. in refining, research, planning, …, related to lubricants. Staff who already have lubricants experience but who require to extend their general, marketing and strategic knowledge.
- This course provides key knowledge to identify the specificities of lubricants market and to improve performances during production processes and sales development.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the commercial and marketing environment, covering base oils, additives, blending plants, automotive and industrial sectors, and consumer requirements,
- know the marketing and strategic options available.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Industrial experience of the lecturer.
- Interactive lecture.
- Real case studies.
LUBRICANTS MARKET 0.5 day
- Overview of the lubricants market.
- Evolution of demand and general characteristics.
- Oil industry and the lubricants.
- Added value chain.
- Business models.
LUBRICANTS PERFORMANCE 0.5 day
- Performance standard.
- Environmental issues.
- Automotive lubricants.
- Transmission oils.
- Industrial lubricants.
- Metal working fluids.
BASE OILS 0.5 day
- Group classification and technical aspects.
- Worldwide capacity breakdown by quality: mineral, synthetic.
- Worldwide capacity breakdown by operator.
- Base oils re-refining.
- Capacity and demand trend outlook: 5 years' time horizon.
- Financial structure: profitability, pricing, contract terms.
ADDITIVES 0.25 day
- Role and functions of the additives.
- Respective role and responsibilities in technology developments and ownership: OEMs, additives vendors, lubricants marketers.
- Market structure and players.
- Future trends outlook.
OPERATIONS 0.25 day
- Lubricants manufacturing and distributions: main steps, strategic options.
- Manufacturing optimization: procurement, blending, filling.
- Typical cost structure.
- Managing performance.
LUBRICANTS MARKETING 1.5 days
- General consumer marketing.
- General lubricants market segmentation: factors of impact.
- Implementing appropriate marketing tools.
- Developing a strategic marketing plan.
- Added value opportunities: total fluid management.
- Practical case exercise.
MARINE LUBRICANTS 0.5 day
- Marine lubricants market specific requirements.
- Operational constraints and consequences on products technologies and logistics.
- Market organization and players.
- Financial structure and contractual terms.