5 days MAT/MAINTMGT
- Maintenance engineers and managers of process industries.
- The course also intended for the production managers concerned by the operation costs and equipment management.
- To provide knowledge on how to select and implement an adequate maintenance policy.
- To provide the practical tools for implementing reliability engineering processes.
- To list the indicators ensuring the follow up of the smooth running of the reliability process.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- know the proven maintenance policies (TPM, RCM, key performance indicators, preventive maintenance tools, …) in order to be able to set objectives in terms of company global efficiency,
- implement the techniques for reliability measurement, analysis and improvement (reliability indicators, assessment matrix, fault tree, FMECA, Pareto, Weilbull, …),
- know the necessary elements to set a subcontracting policy and to efficiently manage shutdowns,
- through various unexpected group exercises, to remind that multidisciplinarity and reactivity are part of maintenance managers’jobs.
- Engineer or management personnel experienced in maintenance.
- 10 years of experience in the concerned field.
Ways and means
- Numerous workshops and case studies illustrating the techniques studied.
- The delivery method is interactive and based on participants’own experience.
- Short scenarios on the most frequent and serious key equipment failures, proposed by the trainer and analyzed by the group. Participants shall use their technical knowledge, reasoning skills, multidisciplinarity and operational capacities to resolve them.
MAINTENANCE POLICY & OBJECTIVES 0.5 day
- Integration of the maintenance policy to the plant policy. Financial and technical objectives and workforce goals
- Current trends and methods: criticality analysis TPM, RCM, risk analysis-based decisions
- Different types of maintenance and respective importance: planned preventive, condition-based, predictive
- Description of the main preventive maintenance tools
- Application of the methods studied: criticality ranking, emergency levels, spare parts management
RELIABILITY PROCESS MEASUREMENT & FOLLOW-UP 0.75 day
- Descriptive statistics: reliability and reliability indicators, equipment performance monitoring in terms of availability. MTBF, MTTR…
- Statistical functions and their applications to preventive maintenance. Main models, application to the search for preventive control optimization, equipment redundancy studies, standby equipment management
- Pareto law, identification of bad actors
RELIABILITY ANALYSIS & IMPROVEMENT METHODS 1 day
- FMECA (Failure Modes, Effects and their Criticality Analysis). Areas of application, basic techniques, probability assessment, common methodological errors. Action plan
- Fault trees, method principle
- RCM – Overall policy. Interest of the decision logics. Application of RCM techniques to SIS (Safety Instrumented Systems) management
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM): global involvement to maintain the production tool
MAINTENANCE COSTS & FAILURE COSTS 1 day
- Maintenance cost vs. overall failure cost. Notion of cost efficiency, overall effectiveness, adaptation to the petroleum industry
- Life cycle cost. Application to the choice of investments. Application to the search for optimum life duration
- Spare part management. Cost of inventory. Unsuitability of some conventional calculations, cost of risk
OUTSOURCING & SUBCONTRACTING 0.5 day
- Purpose, conditions for efficiency. Why outsourcing? Which abilities to be kept? How to keep control?
- Different types of contracts. When to use them? How to combine them?
SHUTDOWN MANAGEMENT 0.5 day
- Detailed preparation. Permanent cost control. Planning. Identification of critical operations
- Work management. Site organization. Responsibilities. Decision making. Safety goals
- Commissioning and preliminary start-up. Quality management and safety. Procedures
- Reports and updates
IMPROVEMENT PLANS 0.75 day
- From failure management to equipment management
- Lowering the tolerance threshold for defects and operators’ involvement
- Maintenance programs per equipment item and per equipment type
- Improvement plans, key performance indicators, dashboards. Maintenance audits
- The trainer regularly proposes short operational scenarios that are analyzed by the group
- These are related to practical problems that maintenance managers may face on an oil & gas site (pump cavitation, compressor pumping, defect on a control loop or safety systems…)
- To solve these problems, participants must use their technical knowledge, reasoning skills, multidisciplinarity and operational capability