75 days OMT/MAINENG
- Graduate engineers, new engineers, Maintenance supervisors & staff involved in petrochemical plants maintenance.
- This course provides solid maintenance training in maintenance. The purpose is to use a Model of Excellence for maintenance management, safety in construction works, detailed knowledge of main equipment and basic knowledge of Oil & Gas processes.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- recognize the technology and operation of the main equipment,
- quote the corrosion basics and learn how to apply risk evaluation techniques,
- list the maintenance management fundamentals,
- explain safety and environmental issues related to maintenance and construction works in Refining and Petrochemicals plants.
- The participants need to have a basic technical knowledge.
Ways and means
- Sharing of participants’ best practices.
- Practical exercises.
- Applications and case studies dealing with maintenance.
- Site visits.
- Dynamic simulations for some items such as process or instrumentation.
- Safety practical exercises.
- For almost all modules, Mini-Projects (Team Work) including oral presentation.
- Each team have to: identify the priorities for an assigned subject, according to the module studied, list specific hazards & barriers, decide of critical equipment, identify operation and maintenance procedures.
This course is composed of 15 modules of 5 days each. It includes all the evaluations related to the IFP Training Certification.
Module 1: PRODUCTS & PROCESSES IN OIL & GAS & PETROCHEMICAL PLANTS 5 days
- Main processes: oil, reforming, isomerization, hydrorefining, conversion units. Gas treatment. Petrochemical and chemical processes. Manufacturing flowsheets. Control, Operation & Safety.
Modules 2, 3, 4: STATIC EQUIPMENT - THERMAL EQUIPMENT - CORROSION 15 days
- Overview of materials, steel structure. Static equipment technology: piping material, flanges, valves. Vessels, columns, reactors, storage tanks, ...
- Standard heat exchangers. Different types of furnaces and their characteristics. Boiler technology. Operating conditions. Burner technology.
- Standard and specific types of corrosion in O&G plants. Detailed description of all types. Corrosion prevention and monitoring. Inspection plan.
Modules 5, 6: INSTRUMENTATION, PROCESS CONTROL, ELECTRICITY 10 days
- Sensors, transmitters, control valves. Distributed Control System. Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Process identification. Control strategies. Tunings. Application: loop tuning on dynamic simulator.
- Fundamentals in industrial electricity. Distribution & Network. Electrical hazards. Electrical cabinets and stations. Different types of motors. Transformers. ATEX standard. Industrial alternators.
Modules 7, 8, 9, 10: ROTATING EQUIPMENT: TECHNOLOGY, OPERATION & MAINTENANCE 20 days
- Different types of pumps. Operating principle and technology. Performance curves.
- Mechanical seals. Operating limits & troubleshooting. Start-up and operation monitoring. Case studies.
- Different types of positive displacement compressors. Reciprocating compressor. Technology of main components and ancillaries. Process conditions on compressor performance. Safety.
- Flow control, specific safety devices. Start-up philosophy. Troubleshooting. Use of a dynamic simulator.
- Description of a multi-stage centrifugal compressor. Technology of components and ancillaries. Performance curves. Operating window: speed limits, surge, typical anti surge protection systems. Flow control. Transient phases. Troubleshooting. Safety. Dynamic Simulator.
- Steam turbine, different families, standard applications. Operating principle, classification and technology: number of stages, exhaust conditions, expansion process through the machine.
- Operation: start-up and performance monitoring. Speed control, safety devices.
- Gas turbine design and performance, main types. Influence of environmental conditions. Impact of suction and exhaust friction losses on turbine performance.
Modules 11, 12, 13, 14: MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT, RELIABILITY & SAFETY 20 days
- Maintenance policy: goals safety, costs, schedule, quality. Sub-contracting. Reliability & costs optimization: FMECA, RCM, FTA, TPM, MTBF, MTTR ... Global cost of failure.
- From notification to work completion: demand, notification, emergency, preparation, planning, material, job safety analysis. Costs estimate. Work planning: tasks sequencing, procedures and work scheduling. Resources optimization.
- Precommissioning, commissioning & work acceptance phases. Plant start-up.
- Plant Turnaround justification and frequency. Organization, scope, challenge, schedule. Financial breakdown. KPI's.
- Job safety analyzes. Risks due to works on site: lifting, scaffolding, welding, confined spaces, cleanings, Xrays, etc. LOTO procedure and prevention, work permit.
Module 15: FINAL PROJECT 5 days
- Team work. Subject dealing with technical & Maintenance.
- Submission of an individual written report by the participant. Oral Presentation of the findings to a Jury according to the IFP Training Graduate Certificate process.