3 days LUB/LUBTA-E
- Engineers and technical staff involved in the recommendations, sales and technical follow ups of automotive transmission lubricants in different areas of activities and to engineers and technicians of the automotive industry.
- To provide a technical overview on all the automotive mechanical transmissions components and their operation.
- To provide information on all types of lubricants used and their classifications and specifications according to the type of transmission.
- To provide information on the specificities of some manufacturers concerning the lubricants to be used.
- To provide information on the evolution of the automotive transmissions.
- To perform a technical refresher on the different types of gears used in automotive transmissions.
- To perform a technical refresher on gear lubrication.
- To know the different classifications and specifications of transmission fluids.
- To understand elements on the architecture and the operation of the different types of transmissions depending on the type of vehicle (passenger, industrial, off road).
Ways and means
- Interactive exercises of questions-answers between the participants using sets of play cards to synthetize the essential points of the lectures.
Introduction 0.5 day
- Need for a transmission in an automotive vehicle.
- The different solutions for propulsion.
- Technological refresher on gears and their lubrication.
- Succinct notions on the calculation of a gear box, the aperture, staging.
- Construction of a gear box.
Classifications and specifications 0.25 day
- SAE J 306 classification of viscosity.
- API classification.
- Manufacturers specifications.
Passenger cars gear boxes 1 day
- Mechanical gear boxes: architecture and principle of functioning. Synchronizing. Lubrication requirements. Specificities of some car manufacturers.
- Automatic gear boxes: architecture and principle of functioning. Lubrication requirements. Specificities of some car manufacturers.
- Evolution of passenger car gear boxes: robotizing, double clutch, CVT. Technical description. Impact on lubrication.
- Hybrid vehicles (series and parallel): main architectures and lubrication.
Axles and differentials 0.25 day
- Differentials: refresher on epicycloidal trains and on the functioning of the Pecqueur train. Limits and technical solutions.
- Final reductions: different types (bevel, hypoid, worm). Respective advantages and drawbacks.
- Lubrication: requirements following the type.
Gear boxes of industrial vehicles 0.5 day
- Mechanical gear boxes: main differences with passenger cars (relay boxes, speed reducers, …). Lubrication requirements. Specificities of manufacturers.
- Automatic gear boxes: specificities of the application versus passenger cars.
Farm and public works equipment (off road) 0.5 day
- Specificities of the application.
- Some particular solutions: farming tractors, public works machines, forestry machines …