3 days LUB/LUBGR-E
- Engineers and technical staff concerned by the development, manufacture, recommendations and use of greases in automotive and industrial organs susceptible to be lubricated with this type of lubricant.
- Engineers and technical staff of the automotive and mechanical industry.
- To provide an overview of the antifriction bearings technologies in automotive and industrial transmissions.
- To provide basic knowledge on greases: description, composition, production, testing methods, lubrication mechanism, classifications and specifications and various properties.
- To study more particularly the lubrication of bearings with grease, the criteria for the choice of a grease according to the operating conditions.
- To learn how to identify the failure causes of bearings.
- To study the lubrication of automotive and industrial transmissions with grease.
- To understand the main points on grease: structure, properties, production modes, testing methods and performance characterization, different types of greases and criteria for the choice according to the applications.
- To know the applications of grease other than bearings (gears, automotive and industrial transmissions, couplings).
- To know how to recommend a bearing grease according to the operating conditions, to calculate the lubrication intervals and the life time.
- To know how to recognize the bearing failures and identify the origins.
Ways and means
- Interactive exercises with the teacher for the determination of a bearing grease, the lubrication intervals, the lifetime calculation of bearings according to the operating conditions.
- Interactive exercises of questions-answers between the participants using sets of play cards to synthetize the essential points of the lectures.
Lubricating greases 1 day
- Structure and properties following the type.
- Composition: base oils, thickeners, additives.
- Characterization: physico-chemical and mechanical testing methods.
- Classifications and specifications: ISO 6743-9, ISO 12924, DIN 51502, DIN 51825.
- Manufacture: description of the manufacturing equipment, principles of manufacture, manufacturing steps, packaging and quality control.
- Grease cleanliness: definition, characterization, manufacturing problems.
- Description of the different types of greases: properties following the composition, respective advantages and drawbacks, compatibility between greases.
Antifriction bearings and lubrication 1 day
- Succinct refresher of bearing technology: different types of bearings according to the loads supported, hub units, tightness of bearings, bearing nomenclature.
- Bearing lubrication: oil or grease? Modes of application of grease. Mechanism of the lubrication with grease. Choice of a grease according to the functioning conditions. Lubrication intervals and grease quantity to inject. Bearing life: influence of the grease and its cleanliness.
- Lubrication of automotive hub units.
- Bearing failures: identification of the different types of failures and root causes.
Other applications of greases than antifriction bearings 0.5 day
- Technology of automotive transmissions: joints (RZEPPA, tripods). Grease for automotive transmissions.
- Technology of couplings and universal joints and associated greases.
- Gear greases: enclosed and open gears.
Application exercises 0.5 day
- Exercises of grease definition and selection as a function of the running conditions.
2016 course calendar
|Oct 11 - 13||Rueil||€1,890||Online||By email|