10 days LUB/LUBADV-E
- Engineers and technical staff beginning working in development, technical assistance, manufacturing or sales of lubricants.
- Mandatory prerequisite: “Lubrication and lubricants” and “Automotive and industrial lubricants”.
- The course “Automotive and industrial lubricants” being an introduction course intended mainly for beginners in the lubrication and the lubricants areas, other advanced courses may be organized, on request and for a minimum number of attendees, covering all the lubricants technical areas. The main parts of the program of the course are given, but the contents may be adapted to suit particular requirements.
- To provide participants with extended information on the equipment technology to be lubricated and on the relationship with the lubrication requirements, as well as on the lubricants properties.
- To understand the fundamentals about the equipment technology related to lubrication.
- To understand the lubricants operating requirements.
- To know how to recommend a lubricant and how to identify the causes of in-service issues and how to solve them.
Engine lubrication 5 days
- Engine technology.
- Engine lubricants development and testing.
- Engine lubrication and wear.
- Monitoring of engine oils in use.
- Engine lubricants trends.
Lubricating greases: automotive and industrial applications 2.5 days
- Description, properties, manufacturing and control.
- Mechanical and physico-chemical testing.
- Automotive applications (hub unit, constant velocity joints).
- Industrial applications (bearings, gears, universal joints, couplings).
- Bearings failures, identification and causes.
Metal working lubrication - heat treatment oils machine-tool lubrication 2.5 days
- Machine-tool technology, lubrication and lubricant. Lubrication scheduling.
- Metal working principles: cutting, distortion.
- Study of cutting oils, plain and emulsifiable ones: composition, properties, applications, in-service problems, disposal.
- Study of rolling oils, plain and emulsifiable ones: composition, properties, applications, in-service problems, disposal.
- Heat treatment: principle, techniques, fluids.
- Temporary protection against corrosion fluids.