5 days PROD/LNG
- Professionals involved or interested in the LNG industry: technical and managerial staff in the LNG industry, equipment providers, personnel from engineering companies, etc.
- This course provides a comprehensive technical and economic review of the Liquefied Natural Gas industry.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- review the structure of an LNG chain and the world map of LNG plants,
- understand main LNG physical properties and specificities,
- assess LNG facilities’hazards and HSE issues, along with risk mitigation and prevention techniques,
- grasp main liquefaction processes’operating principles, conditions and constraints,
- gain an overview of the technology of equipment used in the LNG industry,
- grasp the essence of LNG markets and contracts.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive training by industry-specialist lecturers.
- Numerous applications, illustrations and videos.
The LNG world 0.5 day
- The LNG Chain. Order of magnitude and trends. Location of main plants worldwide.
- Base load LNG plants. Peak shaving LNG plants. Small LNG plants for LNG fueled vehicles.
- Receiving terminals. Regasification techniques. Satellite regasification techniques.
LNG specific properties & associated hazards 0.5 day
- Physical properties: Liquid-vapor equilibrium, density, ratio of vapor methane/LNG, heat of vaporization, heat of combustion, …
- Safety aspects: flash point, fire point, auto-ignition point, minimum spark energy, flammability limits, deflagration.
- LNG vaporization, Rapid Phase Transition (RPT), radiation levels, stratification/roll-over, sloshing, LNG clouds ignition.
- Asphyxiation risks, cryogenic liquids jets, piping behavior.
LNG hazard prevention & mitigation measures 0.5 day
- LNG spillage control at design stage and in operation.
- LNG clouds control in operation.
- LNG fires control at design stage and in operation.
Liquefaction & regasification processes 0.75 day
- Feed pretreatment: sweetening, dehydration, NGL extraction, Hg and aromatics removal.
- Different liquefaction processes: Pure component refrigerants, Pure component(s) and mixed refrigerant(s), mixed refrigerants.
- Peak shaving simplified scheme.
- Regasification process.
LNG storage, loading/offloading & transport 0.75 day
- LNG tanks: single or double or full containment (self-standing, membrane). Hazards.
- Jetty head, jetty trestle, harbor.
- LNG carriers: common features, technology, cargo operations, safety systems.
Technology of LNG specific equipment 1 day
- LNG cryogenic heat exchangers: spiral wound heat exchangers, aluminum brazed heat exchangers.
- Technology of the cryogenic compressors and their drivers (gas turbines).
- LNG Vaporizers: Open Rack Vaporizers (ORV), Submerged Combustion Vaporizers (SCV), etc.
- Safety and environmental aspects.
- Submerged LNG pumps: in-tank retractable pumps, cargo pumps, HP canned send out pumps, etc.
- Liquid cryogenic turbo-expanders, cryogenic valves.
- Cryogenic personnel protection items.
LNG plant operation 0.25 day
- Day to day activities in an LNG plant. Experience of some plants.
LNG trends - Research & new developments 0.25 day
- Latest LNG trends. Equipment and concept development. Future developments.
LNG economic aspects 0.5 day
- Gas markets: natural gas reserves and production, worldwide gas demands distribution, international natural gas trade.
- LNG contracts: specificities of LNG contracts, pricing, shipping contracts.
- LNG markets trends.