5 days RAF/REF1
- Engineers and supervisors of light and middle distillates processing units.
- To provide a thorough and working knowledge of operations and processes involved in gasoline and diesel production.
- To link processing units operation to various constraints set by product specifications.
- To analyze operating parameters and their impacts.
- To acquire the basics for operating processing units.
- To be updated on the latest developments in these processes.
Ways and means
- Numerous case studies based on real industrial situations.
Petroleum products 0.25 day
- Origin and characteristics of naphtha cuts.
- Octane properties and hydrocarbon (HC) families. Quality requirements.
- Gasoil and Diesel oil: cetane, cold flow and other properties.
Catalytic reforming 1.25 days
- Refinery octane pool: processes for octane improvement-gasoline sources.
- Process basics: thermodynamics and kinetics of chemical reactions. Hydrogen production.
- Role of catalysts - Types of catalysts - Activation, ageing, poisoning.
- Industrial units: process flow scheme of SR and CCR, operating conditions, performances.
- Operating variables (WABT, WHSV, H2/HC ratio, recycle gas composition, pressure).
- Management of hydrogen production: H2 balance, impact of feed properties and operating conditions.
- Shutdown, regeneration and startup.
- Catalyst regeneration steps and control.
Isomerization of light gasolines 0.5 day
- Integration in the gasoline production scheme. Isomerization reaction characteristics.
- Different types of catalysts: properties, activation, poisons, operating conditions.
- Industrial process: principle and specific constraints.
- Downstream separation main types and impact of recycling.
Hydrorefining processes 2 days
- Removal of impurities, hydrogenation of unsaturated compounds: chemical reactions and their characteristics.
- Role and types of catalysts in relationship with feeds, hydrogen consumption and required results.
- Operating conditions and main variables (temperature, WHSV, H2/HC ratio, ppH2, etc.).
- Catalyst loading map; cycle length optimization.
- Main refining applications and specific operating features, example of gasolines and middle distillates desulfurization.
Sweetening of light cuts 0.25 day
- Role of sweetening process, basic chemical reaction, nature and efficiency of the catalyst.
- Main applications for LPG’s, naphtha’s and kerosene cuts.
- Operating conditions: temperature, caustic concentration, mixing efficiency, air injection, etc.
Sulfur recovery 0.75 day
- Refinery sulfur balance. Importance of sulfur recovery chain processes.
- Amine scrubbing: reversible chemical reactions and operating parameters.
- Industrial process and operating parameters as air/H2S ratio, steam production.
- Sulfur recovery unit: Claus chemical reactions.
- Process control and impact on environment: causes for sulfur emission increase.
- Tail gas treatments: process principles, operating conditions.
2016 course calendar
|Sep 18 - 22||Bahrain||€3,090||Online||By email|