3 days MOT/LMGT-E
- R&D engineers, managers, executives who would like to implement Lean Management and Lean Engineering in their organizations.
- Many organizations are now involved in continuous improvement policies, this program explains step-by-step methodologies for implementing Lean Management and Lean Engineering and making the critical leap from the conventional business focus to the value-stream focus of optimizing the flow of value.
- To understand the basic notions of lean management and lean engineering.
- To be able to identify waste in any organization.
- To know the tools associated with lean.
- To be able to diagnose your own organization.
- To understand how to implement lean management and lean engineering role playing.
Introduction 0.25 day
- History of lean.
- Introduction to Lean Management / Lean Engineering/ Lean Manufacturing / Lean Thinking.
- Lean management only in automotive industry?
Change management 0.25 day
- Why do we decide to change? Why have a lean approach? Benefits, challenges and difficulties. Environmental analysis.
- Stakeholder analysis.
- Organizational culture: practices become habits and then later an established culture. Overcoming barriers to change. Developmental change management. Transformational change management.
- Change analysis and communication: communicating the basis to reach the change, difficulties of communication, emission and perception filters, communication styles, difference between facts/opinions, interpretation, top down and bottom up communication, effective communication (solicit and act upon feedback, recognize the human element in the change, …), executive support.
- A clear vision for the change management process. Sponsor the change. Management “model”. Create a structure to support the change.
- Employee involvement for Effective Change Management: involving the people/teams, build measurement systems, … Role playing.
Lean management overview 0.5 day
- Kaizen: history, benefits, implementation - Value definition: the voice of the customer.
- Unproductiveness: Muda, Muri, MuraBasic Problem Solving tools: 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagrams, pareto, brainstorming, selecting solutions, …
- Key tools overview: 5S, value stream mapping, process mapping, SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
Value stream mapping 0.5 day
- Variability: why reduce variability? Stock and time absorbers, control and smooth the load.
- Just in time: pulled vs pushed flows, flows manage the process, think system and not final product.
- Faultless or Jidoka.
- Value stream mapping (VSM Methodology): process mapping, value creation flow (SIPOC diagram), constructing the "Current State Map" and the "Future State Map", "Future State" implementation strategy development and deployment, material & information flow analysis, how VSM can support the change?
- VSM Product Development is so different, …
- Role Playing.
Continuous improvement culture: PDCA spirit 0.25 day
- PDCA cycle: Plan, Do, Check, Act. Continuous improvement. A3 management process and report. Problem solving process. Problem solving thinkers. Role Playing.
Standard 0.25 day
- Global cycle of improvement. The standard: basis of continuous improvement. Goals and expected results. Role playing.
Lean management deployment 0.5 day
- Global cycle of improvement.
- Conventional vs Lean Management (reverse pyramid).
- Visual management: visualize the process and the performances, visualize the standard, the deviations and the treatment, lean key metrics, Obeya make visible yo act quickly, best practices.
- Autonomous teams: why autonomous teams? goals and benefits for the organization, elementary unit organization.
- Lean thinking to improve personal performances.
- Deployment basis.
- Management by targets or by processes.
- Policy deployment of strategic objectives: Ho Shin Kanri.
Lean engineering vs lean manufacturing 0.5 day
- Lean product development system: the 13 principles of J. Liker: VOC, Chief Engineer, Set Based, …