5 days LUB/INILAI-E
- Engineers and technical staff, beginners in the field of lubricants, wishing to get an overview on automotive and industrial lubricants.
- This course provides a deeper knowledge on the equipment being lubricated: internal combustion engines, automotive transmissions, industrial equipment (hydraulic pumps, gears, compressors, turbines, antifriction bearings, machine tools).
- It presents the key elements needed to understand how the lubricants operate in the various equipment, as well as their functional properties for each type of equipment, their classifications and specifications.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- master the technology of the automotive and industrial equipment currently used,
- understand the various lubricants applied in the equipment in terms of functional properties, classifications and specifications,
- recommend a lubricant for a given application.
- To maximize the benefit of this training course, it is strongly recommended to initially follow the training course entitled “Lubrication & Lubricants”.
Ways and means
- Interactive exercises of questions-answers between the participants using sets of play cards to synthetize the essential points of the lectures.
Engine lubricants 1.25 days
- Elements on engine technology in relation with lubricants properties.
- Passenger car engine oils: role, properties, classifications and specifications (API, ACEA, ILSAC).
- Industrial vehicle lubricants: role, properties, classifications and specifications (API, ACEA, ILSAC).
Automotive transmission lubricants 0.75 day
- Elements on automotive transmission technologies.
- Automotive transmission oils (manual and automatic): role, properties, classifications and specifications.
Hydraulic lubricants 0.5 day
- Basic hydraulic circuit. Elements on hydraulic equipment technology. Lubrication requirements of hydraulic circuits. Hydraulic oils properties, classifications and specifications. Recommending a hydraulic oil. Hydraulic oils in use: maintenance in use, filtration, pump failures.
Industrial gear lubricants 0.5 day
- Elements on industrial gear technologies. Lubrication requirements of the various types. Industrial gear oil properties, classifications and specifications. Recommending an industrial gear oil. Industrial gear oils in use: maintenance, identification of failures.
Compressor lubricants 0.5 day
- Gas compression principles. Different compressor types. Lubrication requirements according to compressor type and gas compressed. Lubricant functional properties for gas, air and refrigerating compressors. Compressor lubricants classifications and specifications.
- Recommending a product. Possible problems in service.
Turbine lubricants 0.5 day
- Elements on the different types of turbines (steam, gas, hydraulic). Lubrication requirements. Turbine lubricants functional properties, classifications and specifications. Recommending a lubricant. Possible problems in service.
Plain & antifriction bearing lubricants 0.5 day
- Elements on plain and anti-friction bearings technologies. Lubrication requirements according to the type. Bearing oils and greases description, requirements, classifications and specifications.
- Recommending a bearing oil or grease. Bearing failures: identification, origin and solutions.
Machine-tools lubricants 0.5 day
- Description and role of machine tools – elements on the different constituting organs. Lubrication requirements, putting more emphasis on slide-ways lubrication. Lubrication scheduling. Possible problems in service.