5 days MOT/MSGMP-E
- Engineers, managers and technicians working in the field of powertrains, interested in modeling and simulation for engines and gearboxes and their use for design and control. Such techniques contribute to digitally design architectures, systems, parts and controls that constitute the Powertrain.
- This course provides an introduction and an overview of 0D/1D/2D and 3D modeling and simulation applied to powertrains. It is also a prerequisite for Powertrain and vehicle investigations and powertrain management.
- This training course presents the state of the art of computer simulation tools.
- To understand the principles of powertrain modeling.
- To know the basics of modeling in the area of compressible and incompressible fluids, combustion, mechanics and thermals.
- To know the components of a Powertrain 0D model: modeling agencies (engines and gearboxes), components (sensors, actuators, turbochargers, valves, ducts, crankshaft, camshaft, …), circuits and fluids (water, oil, fuel, air, exhaust gases, …) and systems (cooling systems, air supply systems, combustion chamber, …).
- To know the principles of most used simulation tools in the field of powertrain design.
- To use models and simulations to develop powertrains: best choices of architecture and parts dimensions impact the design with benefits on the powertrain and its control.
Ways and means
- This training course is based on continuous balancing between theory and practice, knowledge and expertise.
- 0D engine model designs with Matlab-Simulink base.
- Practical case studies with 0D, 1D and 3D simulation.
- Simulation and operation of 1D models for purposes of system designs: air system, combustion chamber, cooling, mobile hitch.
- Implementation of 3D models for system designs: air system, combustion chamber, cooling, system of moving parts.
Introduction to modeling 0.5 day
- Basics of modeling and numerical simulation. Simulation in the design process of a powertrain system. Notions of model reduction. Mathematical models, statistical and physical. Numerical schemes of resolution, operating solvers, numerical errors and waste. Issues of numerical modeling, cost saving, time saving, design cycle.
0D, 1D, 3D fluid modeling and simulation 1 day
- 0D fluid modeling and simulation
- Conservation of mass, momentum and energy, nature of the flow.
- 1D fluid modeling and simulation
- Navier-Stokes 1D. Digital resolution scheme solvers. Modeling components. Determination of calibration and component models.
- 3D fluid modeling and simulation
- Eulerian approach and Lagrangian. Turbulence models. Digital resolution scheme. Concept of coupling with the 1D modeling. Modeling components.
0D, 1D, 3D combustion and emissions modeling and simulation 1 day
- 0D 1 zone combustion and emissions modeling and simulation
- Heat, creating chemical species kinetic concept of self-ignition delay, notions rattling, premixed flame and diffusion, statistical aspects related to combustion models. 0D 1 zone models heat rate imposed.
- 0D 2 zones combustion and emissions modeling and simulation
- Notion of burning rate and heat rate. 0D 2 zones models.
- 1D multizone combustion and emissions modeling and simulation
- Predictive models in three zones, closure equations. Spark ignition predictive model: 1D flame propagation models for gasoline engines, richness and knock modeling. Diesel Predictive: multi-zone model. Predictive modeling of emissions, emissions modeling statistics.
- 3D multizone combustion and emissions modeling and simulation
- Basics of 3D modeling, velocity laminar and turbulent coupling aero-combustion cycle to cycle variation. Model calibration, recalibration of combustion models.
0D, 1D, 3D thermal modeling and simulation 0.75 day
- 0D thermal modeling and simulation
- Conduction, natural and forced convection, radiation, thermal inertia, heat balance equations. Powertrain heat transfer modeling.
- 1D thermal modeling and simulation
- Modeling components.
- 3D thermal modeling and simulation
- Application: parametric study of the filling of a motor.
0D, 1D, 3D mechanical modeling and simulation 0.75 day
- 0D mechanical modeling and simulation
- Fundamentals of mechanical modeling: inertia, stiffness and damping, spring mass system complete. Modeling of mechanical components: masses, springs, dampers, motion conversion, reduction, strength, speed.
- 1D mechanical modeling and simulation
- Fundamentals of mechanical modeling 1D: torsional deformations. Different types of modeling: 1D or input-output transfer functions built on the basis of a 1D model. Frequency approach and temporal approach. Modeling components: motion conversion and trees and moments of inertia.
- 3D mechanical modeling and simulation
- Fundamentals of mechanical 3D modeling, strains and stresses.
Powertrain modeling and simulation for tuning: theory 0.25 day
- Issues of models in the development of engines. The Design of Experiment (DoE): principles. Statistical modeling and model identification, neural networks. Search for an optimum setting: principles, management of international trade services.
Powertrain modeling and simulation for tuning: practice 0.25 day
- Presentation of development tools using numerical models and optimization algorithms.
- Examples of applications in the development of diesel and spark ignition engines.
Engine management modeling and simulation 0.5 day
- Using the modeling in W cycles development strategies and control systems. Concepts of real time operating system, modeling of an operating system. Basic commands and digital controllers, applications regulator Proportional Integral Derivative (PID).
2016 course calendar
|May 23 - 27||Rueil||€2,590||Online||By email|