3 days LUB/INILA-E
- Technical and administrative staff, mainly beginners, in the automotive and industrial fields, desiring to acquire the mandatory basic knowledge of lubricants to insure efficient contacts with the concerned clients.
- This course provides a deeper knowledge on the organs and their operation in an automotive vehicle. It gives a better understanding of the roles the role of the lubricant in the operation of the various automotive organs.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- master the architecture of an automotive vehicle and the different organs lubricated,
- understand the operation of an engine, a gear box, a final drive and the physico-chemical phenomena involved to insure their lubrication,
- know the different fluids used in an automotive vehicle to insure its correct operation.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Interactive exercises of questions-answers between the participants using sets of play cards to synthetize the essential points of the lectures.
The automotive lubricants market distribution & sales channels 0.5 day
Constitution of an automotive vehicle - Technology of the lubricated organs 0.5 day
- Engine: description, running cycles, critical areas of lubrication, pollution, lubricating circuit.
- Gear boxes: manual and automatic gear boxes. Succinct description of functioning.
- Final reduction final: different types and succinct description of functioning.
Study of lubrication & lubricants 0.5 day
- Friction laws, different lubrication regimes, wear, flow properties.
- The different types of lubricants: liquid, solid, pasty.
- Functional properties of lubricants.
- Constitution of lubricants: base oils and additives.
- Main characteristics of lubricants.
Engine lubrication 0.5 day
- SAE, API, ILSAC, ACEA classification and of system specifications.
- Functional properties of engine oils.
- Present themes: oil consumption, draining intervals, compatibility with after-treatment systems.
Transmissions lubrication 0.5 day
- SAE, API classifications systems, manufacturers.
- Functional properties of manual and automatic transmission gear boxes.
Miscellaneous fluids & greases 0.5 day
- Greases for bearings and transmissions.
- Oil shock absorbers. Brake fluids. Cooling liquids and antifreeze.