5 days MOT/INTAERO-E
- Engineers and technicians who wish to broaden their knowledge or to develop a general knowledge in the fields of aeronautics and space, and in particular in the field of propulsion.
- This course is designed for beginners in aeronautics and space that wish to acquire or expand a general culture that promotes understanding between different jobs in these fields. This course deals with the main aircrafts (aircrafts, drones, helicopters, rockets) and their technologies. The course helps people understand the functions of the engines in the overall context of the functions of the aircraft.
- To know the general context of the aeronautics and space.
- To understand the basic principles and major phases of flight.
- To understand the aircraft principles of operation and types: airplanes, UAVs, helicopters and rockets.
- To understand the architectures of aircrafts and of their components and operating constraints.
- To know the main services of aircrafts.
- To understand engine components and their operation.
- To know the main stages of life thrusters.
- To know technologies and their operation related to the production of energy on board APU (Auxiliary Power Unit).
Ways and means
- This training course is an introduction to air and space domains and gives an overview of technologies and issues related to these areas illustrated by real examples.
- Basically interactive, it addresses the main technical fields of aeronautics and astronautics.
Introduction to aeronautics 0.5 day
- History. Issues and context. Types of owners and uses. Market Segmentation. Manufacturers. Current and future developments.
- Types of aircraft: the jet age, propeller driven airplanes (piston and turbo-powered), helicopters and convertible.
- Technology: technical description of an airplane, architecture, livability, skinned, types of propellants.
- Design and production: digital mock assembly hall. Airworthiness regulations and certification
- Avionics and cockpit functions.
Introduction to astronautics 0.5 day
- History of space conquest.
- Fundamentals of astronautics: cosmic speeds. Equatorial launches. Orbits. Geostationary, polar, shooting window. gravity assistance.
- Atmospheric drag and row back. Lagrange points.
- Principles of rockets: multistage rocket. Rocket engine thrust direction. Principle of ion engine.
Introduction to helicopters 0.5 day
- History. Market.
- Principle of vertical flight and principle of horizontal flight. Joints of the rotor and the anti-torque.
- Convertible: principle, flight controls.
- Physical phenomena and technologies.
Introduction to flight mechanics and to flight quality of aircrafts 0.5 day
- Teaching of basic techniques of flight characteristics (performance and flight qualities) and the various limits of the flight envelope of the aircraft.
- Airflows: physical properties.
- Generalities: Basics of flight mechanics. Equations of the mechanics of flight. Flying qualities.
- Aircraft flight mechanics: maneuvers and aircraft movements.
- The wire flight controls. Problems of flight qualities.
- Certification authorities / certifications / regulations.
Introduction to on-board circuits of aircraft 0.5 day
- Aircraft systems: air conditioning, pneumatic, oxygen, water, electrical, hydraulic, fire detection and fuel.
- Tank inerting.
Introduction to aeronautical propulsion by turbo engines 1 day
- Types of propellants: stato and pulse-reactor, turbojet, turbo engines, turbo-engine for helicopters.
- Intended use of engines during flight. Performance of engine, specifications for aircraft engines.
- Turbo engines parts: air inlet, compressor, combustion chamber, turbine, nozzle, inverters.
- Engine systems: air systems, oil circuit, anti-icing circuit, air inlet system, start ignition, control of turbomachinery.
- Engine integration and engine maintenance.
Introduction to aeronautical propulsion by piston engines 0.5 day
- Specifications for an aircraft piston engine used for propulsion: consumption, weight, vibration, cost, reliability and dependability, restart in flight performance based on the phase of flight. Power range. Specific power. Examples.
- Piston engines architecture: radial engines, V-engines, in-line engines: advantages and disadvantages to aeronautical specifications. 2 stroke-engine, 4 stroke, spark ignition and diesel. Specifications’ impact on design of piston engines.
- Piston engines operation: operation of 4-stroke and 2-stroke engines. Operation of spark ignition engines. Operation of diesel engines. Impact characteristics of aviation fuel on the operation of piston engines.
Introduction to plane conception 0.5 day
- Teaching of main disciplines necessary to design aircrafts, overview of various issues related to aircraft design and integration of different systems that compose it.
- Financing of an aircraft project. Design philosophies. Specifications and mission.
- Architecture and structure. Materials and structure. Aerodynamics. Performances.
- On-board systems, avionics and avionics systems.
- Flight tests - Certification.
Introduction to drones (UAVs) 0.5 day
- History. Current uses. Segmentation. Integration of UAVs in air traffic.
- Technology: types of launch (take-off catapult booster gyration); types of recovery (landing under parachute, net); communications between drone and control station; civilian payloads (relay communications, agricultural spraying ...); military payloads (SAR radar, optronic, arms ...); drone engines.
- Technological developments and projects.
2016 course calendar
|May 23 - 27||Rueil||€2,590||Online||By email|