5 days GRE/INTEGRATION
- Experienced geocientists, reservoir engineers and technicians involved in integrated reservoir studies (3-years of experience required).
- An effective, applied on-site hands-on practice on a carbonate water reservoir analog, with the objective to improve both participants’ knowledge and know-how on reservoir characterization methods and tools.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand and manipulate all dynamic reservoir data types,
- share and integrate specific expertise from all reservoir metiers,
- build up a set of practical competences to cope with reservoir characterization purposes.
- Engineering or geoscience degree, or equivalent professional experience.
Ways and means
- Training and coaching by several experienced professionals.
- On-site hands-on practices.
- Data acquisition and interpretation.
- Interactive training pedagogy.
- Group synergy / Team building.
- This course can be delivered in French, with documentation in English.
The course is delivered in the city of Poitiers (1:30 train trip from Paris). Meeting point: Poitiers railway station. Fees only include accommodation and transportation during training session.
Data & tools
- On-site field operation on one reservoir cell analog (250 m x 250 m)
- Real-time interference well test
- Flow measurements slug test
- Log acquisition
- 40 completed well (logged with conventional logs and HR optical borehole imaging)
- 4 cored wells (from top to TD) and core handling facilities
- 3D HD seismic block
- Outcrop analog
- Data base access on tablet
Program 5 days
- Well log analysis and well-to-well correlations
- Dynamic data acquisition and analysis:
- Permeability determination (Kh) and mapping
- Identification of best producing intervals
- 3D seismic analysis
- BHI analysis
- Core description and analysis
- Identification of key heterogeneities in reservoir
- Global field synthesis (both dynamic and static)
- Outcrop analysis and comparison with field data
- Participants are divided into business unit teams, with a virtual budget for reservoir characterization. Each team:
- Invests to acquire static or dynamic data
- Analyzes the data
- Proposes the best conceptual model for final assessment!