5 days IR/INPC
- Engineers and technicians from process industries.
- To provide an understanding of instrumentation and control systems and facilitate communication with experts to specify, design, operate and improve control systems.
- To interpret a PID and recognize control loops, automatisms and safety instrumented functions.
- To recognize the main types of sensors and control valves, and understand their working principles and failures.
- To tune a control loop.
Ways and means
- Interactive course and use of a process dynamic simulator.
Control loop - On/off loop 0.5 day
- Function, constitution, signal types.
- Instrument tags and symbolization on P&ID drawings. ISA standard.
- Safety Instrumented Functions.
- Application: P&ID drawings interpretation.
Sensors and control valves 2.5 days
- Measure and detection of pressure, temperature, level, flow and weight.
- Technologies and configuration parameters.
- Selection criteria: process constraints, accuracy and availability.
- Control valves
- Technologies and working principle of control and on/off valves.
- Specification parameters (Cv, trim characteristics, air failure, Leak class, etc.).
- Failure modes.
- Accessories (limit switches, solenoid valves, positioners, etc.)
- Identification of material on pictures.
- Simulation of a control valve on a dynamic simulator.
- Mini-process skids workshops.
Digital control systems and programmable logic controllers 0.5 day
- Role, architecture and functions.
- Systems operation: graphics, alarming, trends, etc.
- Safety Instrumented Systems.
Process control - Loop tuning 1.5 days
- Process identification.
- Control strategies: split-range, cascade, feed forward, multivariable.
- Tuning of a PID controller.
- Non-linearity of process; controller operating point and loop hunting.
- Application: loop tuning on dynamic simulator.
2016 course calendar
|Aug 29 - Sep 02||Martigues||€2,850||Online||By email|