5 days LUB/LUBMI-E
- Engineers and technical staff working in development, technical assistance and sales of lubricants for industrial engines; engineers and technical staff from industrial engines manufacturers.
- Well adapted to training abroad.
- To bring participants a technical information on the technology of the industrial engines, the industrial road vehicles, agricultural vehicles and public works vehicles, railway traction, nautical propulsion, stationary engines (gas, Diesel engines, cogeneration) and on the lubricants used.
- To know the industrial engines structure and operation.
- To know the lubricant functions.
- To know the lubricant requirements depending on the engines.
- To understand the meaning of the specifications.
- To be able to interpret the analysis results of the in-service oils.
Ways and means
- Interactive talk with an industry expert using real world examples.
Architecture of heavy trucks and industrial engines 0.5 day
- Differences and specificities compared with light cars: chassis frames, cylinder heads, crankshaft, conrods, piston pins, pistons, rings, liners, valves and control.
Diesel fuels 0.5 day
- Main Diesel fuels (Diesel fuel, FOD, heavy fuels, EMHV, GTL, BTL).
- Impact of the fuel type on the lubricant.
Lubrication circuits 0.5 day
- Principle, role and description depending on the different engine types.
Diesel engines lubricants 1 day
- Classifications and specifications.
- Brief presentation on lubricants composition, design (ATIEL codes) and testing (physico-chemical and mechanical) rules.
Follow up of the in-service engine oils 0.25 day
- Objectives of the follow up, sampling, analytic techniques used (the results interpretation will be handled separately for each type of application).
Lubrication of heavy trucks, agricultural, public works vehicles diesel engines 0.5 day
- Presentation of the materials and of the manufacturers' recommendations. Specific problems according to the use. Maintenance and follow up of in-service lubricants. Types of problems found and solutions.
Lubrication of railway traction diesel engines 0.5 day
- Different types of materials and different types of lubricants used. Maintenance and follow up of in-service lubricants. Types of problems found and solutions.
Lubrication of nautical diesel engines (2s and 4s) 0.5 day
- Fuels used in the navy. Choosing a lubricant depending on the engine type and the fuel type. Maintenance and follow up of in-service lubricants.
- Types of problems met and solutions.
Lubrication of gas and cogeneration engines 0.75 day
- Gas engines: reasons for their development, lubrication requirements.
- Gas engine lubricants: products specificities and characteristics, manufacturers' requirements, follow up of in-service lubricants, real case studies.