4 days SEC/HAZOP-E
- Staff involved in process design, facilities operation, maintenance and safety, whose duty is to implement or participate in process hazard reviews, for new and/or existing facilities.
- To select and implement adequate process hazard reviews.
- To take an active part in the process hazard reviews/methodologies.
- To prepare process hazard reviews, organize the review team, identify participants based on their experience and background and to define their individual task.
- To select and prepare reviews, adapted to the context.
Ways and means
- Simulation of hazards reviews on simple processes: HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA.
- Construction of a bow tie and calculation of frequency.
- Short exercises using the risk matrix.
Risk and acceptability criteria 0.5 day
- Hazard representation
- Risk matrix, impact to workers, assets and the environment.
- Risk and hazard concepts, gravity and probability levels. Acceptable residual risk.
- To plan and implement the reviews during the various project phases or on existing facilities.
- Selection of the most appropriate methodology, in accordance with the context: new project, existing facilities and revamping, updating of previous studies, operating permit.
Qualitative and semi-quantitative methods 2.25 days
- HAZID: HAZards IDentification (preliminary hazards analysis, design review, constructibility).
- HAZOP: HAZard and OPerability analysis. Quantified HAZOP.
- What-If and Check-List Methods: comparison with HAZOP method, limits.
- Implementing the methods
- Organization: to identify participants, to plan the review, to prepare the technical documentation.
- To facilitate and lead the review. To prepare the report, follow-up, monitoring and close out of the review findings.
Quantitative methods 1.25 days
- Bow tie: principles, construction and use. Safety barriers. Frequency calculation.
- Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA): selection of scenarios, evaluation of consequences and probability.
- Layer Of Protection Analysis (LOPA): principles, IPL identification (independent protection layers), safety instrumented function (SIF) with associated SIL (safety integrity level), preparation and organization of reviews; interaction with HAZOP findings.
2016 course calendar
|Jun 07 - 10||Lillebonne||€2,090||Online||By email|