4 days MOT/GMPH-E
- Engineers and technical staff wishing to increase their knowledge of electric hybrid automotive powertrains.
- This course provides knowledge on the new directions engine manufacturers are taking for individual cars’ motion.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the general situation of current hybridization, the different hybridization forms of road vehicles,
- know the different types of batteries and electric motors adapted to hybrid vehicles,
- know the issues of on-board hydrogen,
- simulate a hybrid drive chain operation.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- One of our best-sellers.
- Interactive talks, based on real examples and components.
- It covers all main technical fields of hybrid powertrains.
- Orders of magnitude are clearly given.
- Our training MOT/SIMHY-E can be added to MOT/GMPH-E as an optional 5th day.
This program can be completed by a study on modeling Hybrid Power Trains and Hybrid architecture with simulator and Toyota Prius testing & analysis. Select next page “Electrical Powertrain & hybrid modeling, Simulations, & Hybrid Measurements” GMPHS.
Electric hybrid powertrains 1 day
- Factors leading to such technologies emergence (interest and stakes).
- Two categories of hybrid architectures: serial, parallel.
- Parallel architectures.
- Single shaft, reversible starter generator in the accessories drive (STT + Adex), full hybrid.
- Dual shafts, hybrid wheels, power shunt (DR), n mode power shunt (DRnM).
- Consumption improvement functions: Stop and Start, regenerative braking, energy optimization, consumption measurement method, performances comparison, pollution.
- New units: combustion engine, electrical machine, inverter, converter, booster, battery.
- Overview, technico-economic balance and conclusions.
- Electric vehicles.
On-board energy storage systems 0.5 day
- Electrochemical battery: operating principle, characteristics and performances of the different technologies (lead-acid, cadmium-nickel, hydrogen-nickel, lithium-ion, lithium-polymer).
- Ultra capacitor: principles, performances.
- How it is inserted into the vehicle.
Power electronics 0.5 day
- Power components: Mosfet, IGBT, …
- Power electronics structures: DC-DC, DC-AC converters, …
- Power characteristics, installation restrictions, thermal and vibratory aspects. Electro-magnetic compatibility.
Electric motor 0.5 day
- Electric motor different technologies: operating principles, characteristics, performances, evolution.
- Installation restrictions: compactness, cooling.
- Examples of applications to vehicles.
System operation - Management principles 0.5 day
- How to manage electric motors and converters? Which physical principles for which result?
- Main functions, secondary functions.
Hybrid propellers & energy management 0.5 day
- Energy flux and energy supervision.
- Meaning for serial, parallel and serial/parallel hybrids.
- Objectives and restrictions: consumption, pollution, state of charge management, regenerative braking, stop/start functions, thermal engine boost, drive approval.
- Techniques: empirical controls, application to a series vehicle, improvements offered to empirical controllers, optimum controllers.
- Synthesis and controllers validation: use of system models, off-line optimization methods and adaptation and optimization online.
- Application examples to vehicles.
Thermal management 0.5 day
- Thermal management of electrical main components. Installation restrictions.
Vehicle installation 0.25 day
- Manufacturing process of a complete system: storage system and drive chain dimensioning.
- Installation restrictions, passenger compartment cooling.