5 days MOT/GMPHS-E
- Engineers and technical staff wishing to increase their knowledge of electric hybrid automotive powertrains.
- To inform participants about the new directions engine manufacturers are taking for individual cars’ motion. To practice all the theoretical knowledge of modeling and simulation of hybrid vehicles and powertrain. Reinforce knowledge by experimenting measurements and analyses on a Toyota Prius.
- To understand the general situation of current hybridization, the different hybridization forms of road vehicles.
- To know the different types of batteries and electric motors adapted to hybrid vehicles.
- To know the issues of on-board hydrogen.
- To be able to simulate a hybrid drive chain operation.
- To be able to identify the main components of the drive chain.
- To be able to describe how they work and to describe the operating modes of a hybrid vehicle.
Ways and means
- One of our best-sellers. Mainly interactive, supported by examples and real components, this training course covers all main technical fields of hybrid powertrains.
- Orders of magnitude are clearly given.
- Design of hybrid vehicle model and simulator on Matlab-Simulink.
- This Matlab-Simulink simulator is operational and functional. It can be used as a basis for further studies that students can achieve in their professional job.
- Measurements and analyses of a Toyota Prius 2. Participants can compare measurements on the model and numerical simulation.
- Architecture study with active learning: participants simulate architectural choices' impact on a AMESIM simulator.
Electric hybrid powertrains 1 day
- Two categories of hybrid architectures: serial, parallel. Parallel architectures. Single shaft, reversible starter generator in the accessories drive, full hybrid. Dual shafts, hybrid wheels, power shunt, n mode power shunt. Consumption improvement functions.
- Overview, technico-economic balance and conclusions.
- Electric vehicles.
On-board energy storage systems 0.5 day
- Electrochemical battery: operating principle, characteristics and performances of the different technologies (lead-acid, cadmium-nickel, hydrogen-nickel, lithium-ion, lithium-polymer).
- Ultra capacitor: principles, performances.
Power electronics 0.5 day
- Power components. Power electronics structures. Power characteristics, installation restrictions, thermal and vibratory aspects. Electromagnetic compatibility.
Electric motor 0.5 day
- Electric motor different technologies: operating principles, characteristics, performances, evolution.
- Installation restrictions: compactness, cooling.
System operation - Management principles 0.5 day
- How to manage electric motors and converters? Which physical principles for which result?
- Main functions, secondary functions.
Hybrid propellers and energy management 0.5 day
- Energy flux and energy supervision. Meaning for serial, parallel and serial/parallel hybrids.
- Objectives and restrictions: consumption, pollution, state of charge management, regenerative braking, stop/start functions, thermal engine boost, drive approval.
- Techniques: empirical controls, application to a series vehicle, improvements offered to empirical controllers, optimum controllers.
- Synthesis and controllers validation: use of system models, off-line optimization methods and adaptation and optimization online.
Thermal management 0.5 day
- Thermal management of electrical main components.
Vehicle installation 0.25 day
- Manufacturing process of a complete system: storage system and drive chain dimensioning.
- Installation restrictions, passenger compartment cooling.
Identification of powertrain components 0.25 day
- Directly on the vehicle mock-up. Description of the vehicle.
- Thermal engine. Electromotors MG1 et MG2.
- ECU. AC/DC and DC/DC converters.
- Understanding of the vehicle architecture and drive train.
Operating modes demonstration 0.25 day
- Stabilized drive. Electric drive. Soft acceleration.
- Deceleration. Braking. Other functionalities: climatization, power assisted steering, … Other modes.
View of energy flows 0.25 day
- Measuring the main electric characteristics in the main branches. View of energy flows. Simulation of various use situation.
Computerized simulation 0.25 day
- Several operating points. Energy optimization.
- Various management strategies and compared CO2 efficiency.
- With AMESIM software and data input measured on the mock-up.
- Various operating points. Energy optimization.
2016 course calendar
|May 30 - Jun 03||Rueil||€2,590||Online||By email|
|Nov 21 - 25||Rueil||€2,590||Online||By email|