5 days RAF/REF2
- Engineers and supervisors interested or involved in the processing of heavy cuts.
- To provide comprehensive knowledge of refining processes available to upgrade heavy cuts into lighter ones.
- To understand differences between refining conversion processes with regard to planning, operations and investment issues.
- To analyze the operating parameters of these conversion processes.
- To acquire the basics for operating cracking units.
- To be updated on the latest developments in heavy cuts processing.
Ways and means
- Case studies based on real industrial situations.
Overview of conversion processes 0.25 day
- Origins and characteristics of conversion unit feeds.
- Different types of conversion processes (principles, performance, operating ranges, economics): thermal cracking processes, catalytic cracking without hydrogen, catalytic cracking with hydrogen.
Thermal conversion processes 1.25 days
- Visbreaking and effects on quantity and stability of heavy fuel oils.
- Delayed coking: process characteristics, process flow diagram, purification of the light products with hydrogen and end destination.
- Management of coke drum switch and main steps of the decoking procedure, coke handling.
- Flexicoking and fluid coker: principle, integration in the refinery and power generation schemes.
Catalytic cracking 1.5 days
- Main fluid catalytic cracking processes.
- Catcracking feed characteristics.
- Mechanisms of catalytic cracking reactions and mode of action of FCC catalysts.
- Yields and characteristics of FCC effluents with overview of purification treatments: propylene recovery, alkylation, ETBE and gasoline pool, LCO hydrotreatment.
- Analysis of FCC operating balances.
- Summary of operating parameters in the reaction section and in the regenerator.
- FCC modifications to treat residues (R2R, HOC, etc.), to maximize light cuts C3 & C4 production or the cracked gasoil (LCO). Presentation of different process schemes.
Distillate hydrocracking 1.25 days
- Different reactions of the hydrocracking process.
- Catalysts: hydrotreating and hydrocracking; poisons and regeneration.
- Hydrocracking processes: different types, process flow diagram, operating conditions.
- Analysis of hydrocracking operating: parameters, hydrogen balance, sulfur balance.
- Associated unit: hydrogen production, sulfur recovery.
- Product yields and quality utilizations.
Residue processing 0.5 day
- Overview of existing processes to upgrade vacuum residues: hydrotreatment, hydroconversion.
- Associated units.
- Refinery configurations with deasphalter.
Lube base stocks manufacture 0.25 day
- Classification and required properties of base oils.
- Main lube base stocks manufacturing schemes: vacuum distillation unit, deasphalting, extraction, dewaxing, hydrofinishing.
- Comparison between base oil conventional and unconventional refining processes.
- Other products: white oils, paraffins, waxes.
2016 course calendar
|Sep 26 - 30||Rueil||€2,460||Online||By email|