5 days GIP/GEPC
- Professionals in charge of implementing internal control and procedures, managers and independent board members wanting to know the best practices, to technical staff called to move to the internal audit of their company.
- This course provides the most recent elements and reflections on companies governance and key issues specific to the Oil & Gas upstream companies, except for contracts audit which is treated in a separate course (upstream contracts audit).
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- obtain a global understanding of the problems attached to company's governance,
- know the most recent solutions developed and implemented in internal control of companies,
- analyze the human and financial resources needed to ensure the financial safety of the company,
- lead or supervise the creation of an internal audit.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the international Oil & Gas industry environment.
Ways and means
- Discussions on key issues and examples from the news.
Governance of companies 1.5 days
- Internal control: where and when.
- Principles of financial security.
- Definition of audit, norms and standards.
- Internal control: definition, modalities.
- Internal audit, external audit.
- Audit committee, Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and external auditors.
Audit & internal control 2 days
- Code of conduct and internal audit.
- International standards of internal audit.
- Internal control and the COSO referential.
- Risk definition and management.
- Fraud definition, types and prevention.
- Introduction to internal audit methods.
Oil & gas specific issues 0.5 day
- FCPA compliance.
- New reporting requirements for listed companies.
- Reserves, payments to States, emission certificates.
Best practices study 1 day
- Errors, creative accounting and aggressive accounting: assessment of the risks.
- Institutional answers in the USA and in the European Union.
- Company's organization.
- Developing an internal culture of financial safety.