3 days PGP/GENELAY
- Engineers and technicians involved in Oil & Gas projects.
- This course provides knowledge on how to elaborate a general layout and take into account the various constraints.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- produce the equipment layout of a project, taking into account all constraints imposed by the various disciplines, as well as suppliers, site infrastructure, regulations and company standards,
- optimize layout,
- efficiently participate to a design review.
- Basic knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry.
Ways and means
- Examples issued from refining/chemical projects.
- Develop a general arrangement on a practical case.
- Design review using HAZID methodology.
PRELIMINARY LAYOUT 1 day
- European regulations for: safety distances, noise, environment, works. International standards.
- Use of Blocs Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- General layout: process units, storage facilities. Utilities. Technical & administrative buildings. Site access (road, rail, sea).
LAYOUT CRITERIA & CONSTRAINTS 1 day
- Review of constraints generated by the various disciplines. Associated layout criteria.
- Health, Safety and Environmental constraints.
- Location of naked flame. Area classification.
- Use of the results of Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA). Safety distances.
- Access, Egress, Escape and Rescue: structures at height, congested areas, access of rescue team.
- Firefighting equipment layout. Fire zones.
- Health. Ergonomics. Noise concerns at fence.
- Maintainability: lifting and storage area, access to equipment.
- Site circulation: management of vehicle flows (cars, trucks, railcars), forbidden access/areas to vehicle.
- Planning and scheduling: data availability at each project stage, management of Holds and Change Requests.
PLOT PLAN REVIEWS 0.5 day
- Design reviews using HAZID methodology.
- Final layout (including validated actions from reviews or equipment supplier data). Use of 3D models.
LAYOUT OPTIMIZATION 0.5 day
- Inter-unit connection optimization: above-ground/underground. Storage area optimization.
- Optimization of paved areas. Specificity of packages or integrated modules/skids.