3 days MOT/CME-E
- Engineers and technical staff from design and testing departments wishing to know the main components and functions of the SI engine management.
- To know in the case of spark ignition engines:
- the different functions related to air supply, fuel supply and combustion
- the sensors and the actuators related to each of these functions and how to use them
- the strategies used.
- To have an overview of the gasoline engine control system.
- To have the necessary elements to diagnose some simple failure modes.
- To be able to talk to specialists to understand and make control strategies evolve.
Ways and means
- Interactive training with real life examples.
Engine management system architecture and torque structure 0.5 day
- Logic controller, hardware and Software structures, application engine control architecture.
- Interpretation of the driver's intentions.
- Transients and drivability.
- Torque supervision, intersystem management.
- Estimation of FMEP losses (frictions), IMEP LP (pumping): example of data analysis dyno test bench.
- Basic knowledge on idle speed monitoring.
Air supply function 1 day
- Standard air circuit
- Sensors and actuators: air flow meter, pressure sensor, motor throttle and its control.
- Air supply chain, torque model (or inverted model): combustion equation, Barre de Saint-Venant equation.
- Air supply chain, direct model: loading equation, transients management.
- Dispersions control: closed loop by lambda probe, adaptatives.
- Deriving air circuit
- Turbocharger supercharging, variable timing: sensors and actuators, impact on the control structure.
- Basic knowledge on the operating safety.
Fuel injection and ignition functions 1 day
- Components and related strategies for the following sub-systems:
- Top dead center and camshaft sensors, acquisition circuits of angular position of crankshaft and camshaft.
- Indirect gasoline injection (MPI) and direct one (GDI), gas injection.
- Upstream and downstream oxygen sensors.
- Ignition: technologies evolutions.
- Knocking: acquisition circuit of the accelerometer signal.
Diagnostic, depollution and ageing of catalyst 0.5 day
- Regulatory aspects, ageing of catalyst, OSC (Oxygen Storage Capacity).
- Catalyst diagnostic.
- Lambda probe diagnostic.
- Misfire diagnostic.