5 days PROC/ACIDGB
- Professionals interested in sour gas: engineers involved in Oil & Gas field facilities operation or design, managerial staff in gas processing facilities, equipment providers, personnel from engineering companies.
- This course provides a comprehensive technical review of sour gas treatment, sulfur recovery, conditioning processes and storage facilities, including operating and troubleshooting issues.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- comprehend all concerns linked to sour gas treatment and sulfur recovery,
- review sulfur and acid pollutants main physical properties, specificities and induced hazards,
- understand operating principles and conditions of gas sweetening and sulfur recovery/handling processes,
- grasp main operating problems encountered in sour gas processing and sulfur recovery and handling.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive training by industry-specialist lecturers.
- Numerous applications and illustrations.
Overview of gas sweetening processes 0.25 day
- Nature, origins and compositions of the streams to be treated.
- The properties of sulfur compounds and CO2.
- Reasons for removing acid gases, usual specifications.
- Cost impact of gas sweetening and stakes.
- Acid gas management, impact on the sweetening unit.
- The different types of gas sweetening processes.
Amine sweetening processes 1.5 days
- General principles.
- Generic processes and proprietary processes.
- Typical process flow scheme.
- Amine unit design: key design parameters.
- Specific process arrangements.
- Equipment review, process control.
- Operational issues and troubleshooting.
- Specificities of amine units.
- Elgin-Franklin, an example of a versatile MDEA sweetening unit.
- An example of successive revamping of an amine unit.
- Acid gas enrichment.
Other gas sweetening processes 0.75 day
- Solid bed processes.
- Redox processes.
- Other solvent processes: hot carbonate, physical solvents, hybrid solvents.
- Permeation membranes.
- Cryogenic distillation processes.
- LPG sweetening.
- Guidelines for process selection.
Recovering sulfur from acid gases 0.25 day
- Architecture of the sulfur recovery facilities.
- Sulfur properties.
- The sulfur market (sulfur uses).
Sulfur recovery units (Claus) 1.25 days
- Chemical mechanisms & general process flow diagram.
- Key parameters of the Claus process.
- The thermal stage.
- The catalytic stages.
- Adapting the process to the acid gas quality (rich/lean acid gas).
- Operational issues.
Tail gas treatment 0.75 day
- Types of TGT processes.
- Direct oxidation processes.
- Sub-dewpoint processes.
- Wet sub-dewpoint process.
- H2S absorption processes.
Sulfur conditioning & storage 0.25 day
- Liquid sulfur degassing.
- Sulfur forming.
- Sulfur storage.