2 days RAF/PPSA-E
- Engineers, shift leaders, panel operators and technical staff interested or involved in the purification of hydrogen by means of PSA (Pressure Swing Adsorption).
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the operating of PSA gas purification units.
- To learn about PSA cycles and how gas flows between adsorbers.
- To grasp the essence of possible methods for improving operational reliability.
- To investigate how to switch to lower modes and operation within those modes.
- To understand the safety issues and operating risks involved in this process.
Principal features of PSA cycles 0.25 day
- Principles of gas adsorption on different solids called adsorbents.
- Breathing capacity of an adsorbent and related limits.
- Dynamic phenomena of adsorption and gas response.
- Multi-beds units, cyclic adsorption/desorption and steps of a PSA process.
Detailed study of PSA cycles 0.25 day
- Representation of a PSA cycle: graphical or tabular.
- Phase time and cycle time of a PSA.
- Gas circulation from and to adsorbers for each step of the cycle.
- Application: cycles study of a PSA unit operated by the participants.
Definition of operating parameters 0.25 day
- Separation yield and productivity of a PSA unit.
- Influence of the different pressure levels on the cycle.
- Purity-performance relationship, parameters for follow-up.
- Application: study of PSA units operated by the participants.
PSA operation and reliability 0.5 day
- Good operational practice to increase the reliability of an industrial PSA.
- Critical follow-up on the control display and anticipating actions.
- Operational drift: leaking valve, progressive drop of purity, loss of production; identification of the causes and remedies.
- Transition conditions to a lower mode or to shut down.
- Application: workshop related to operation with typical case studies.
Start-up steps 0.25 day
- Typical start-up procedures and start-up conditions.
- Related risks and precautions.
Switch over to lower modes 0.25 day
- Transition from normal mode to lower modes and back.
- Description of a lower mode due to failure of an adsorber or of a valve-set, optimization of lower modes, diagnosis and solutions.
- Transition steps and related cycles. Impact on the production.
- Application: case studies related to operation of lower modes.
Safety and risks associated to hydrogen PSA 0.25 day
- Pressure vessels, containment, ATEX risks.
- Loading and unloading of adsorbents.