10 days PROC/FPSPF
- Engineers and technicians interested in onshore and offshore Oil & Gas field processing technology and equipment.
- This course provides a comprehensive understanding of onshore and offshore Oil & Gas field processing techniques, along with knowledge of technology and operating principles of surface production facilities equipment.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- grasp fundamentals of Oil & Gas production techniques,
- explain operating principles and conditions of oil, water and gas treatment,
- detail about the technology of main equipment and specifities of offshore production techniques,
- ascertain fundamentals of process control and to draw a typical safety system layout,
- explain main metering techniques, corrosion issues, its prevention and monitoring.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Very interactive training by industry specialists.
- Numerous applications and illustrations.
Well effluents behavior 0.5 day
- Different types of well effluent. Main characterization parameters. Liquid/vapor equilibrium of pure substances and mixtures. Effluent behavior. Constituents that pose problems for storage, transport or commercialization. Main specifications to conform with and required treatments.
Fundamentals of reservoir & drive mechanism 0.25 day
- Reservoirs: types, exploration techniques. Drive mechanisms. Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR): aim and principle of the main techniques.
Fundamentals of drilling, completion & well performance 0.25 day
- Drilling principle. Case of offshore drilling. Main completion equipment. Well performance. Needs for artificial lift: principle of artificial lift by pumping, gas lift, …
Well effluent transportation, flow-assurance & gas hydrates prevention 0.5 day
- Gathering network design and operation: main flow assurance issues; multiphase flow, flow patterns; hydrates formation prevention strategies, hydrates inhibition.
- Case studies: Gas condensate field development. Deep-offshore production.
Crude oil processing 1 day
- Crude stabilization by Multi Stage Separation (MSS) - Foaming problems. Crude dehydration and desalting. Emulsion problems.
- Crude sweetening (H2S removal).
- Examples of oil treatment and associated gas compression process schemes.
Production & injection water treatment 1 day
- Rejected water: environmental constraints and required treatments. Injection water: aim, quality requirements and required treatments.
- Examples of process schemes for production and injection water treatment.
Gas processing & conditioning 1 day
- Gas dehydration: TEG units, solid desiccants (molecular sieves) units. Gas sweetening. Acid components (H2S and CO2) removal: amine units, molecular sieves, membranes. Natural Gas Liquids (NGL) extraction: use of cryogenic refrigeration, Joule-Thompson expansion, Turbo-expander.
Liquefied Natural Gas 0.5 day
- Fundamentals of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) chain.
Case of offshore developments 1 day
- Offshore production structures: jacket, semi-submersible, Spar, TLP, FPSO, … Storage and offloading vessels (FSO, FPSO, FPU, buoy, …). Deep offshore developments. Examples of subsea architecture. Flow Assurance in (deep) offshore developments. Main preservation techniques and pigging solutions.
Rotating machinery 1 day
- Fundamentals of pumping circuits and gas compression. Operating principles, technology, selection criteria, performances and operating conditions of centrifugal and volumetric pumps and centrifugal and reciprocating compressors. Gas turbines. Turbo-expanders.
Thermal equipment 0.5 day
- Heat exchangers, air coolers, furnaces: types, operation, technology.
Fundamentals of corrosion 0.5 day
- Different types of corrosion, prevention and monitoring.
Electrical systems - Instrumentation & process control - Safety systems 1.5 days
- Electrical power generation. Electrical power distribution network and equipment. Field instrumentation; controllers; control loop structures. Distributed Control System (DCS). Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS): ESD, HIPS, Fire & Gas System.
Metering & allocation 0.5 day
- Importance of metering and production allocation - Production accounting & material balance. Introduction to material balances: liquid and gas balances. Transactional metering of liquids and gas. Multi-phase metering: advantage, principle and fields of application.