60 days OPE/BO-E
- New operator recruits in the refining, petrochemical and chemical industries.
- To provide the knowledge and know-how for the specific field operator position. Successful participants will be granted the Professional Certificate "Operator Certification".
- To monitor the facilities in an autonomous way.
- To make adjustments to meet safety, products quality and environmental protection targets.
- To perform routine operations safely.
- To be familiar with special operating procedures.
- To identify and react to plant failures.
- To communicate efficiently with colleagues.
Ways and means
- The training consists of two parts:
- Part I: Theoretical and knowledge evaluation, conducted in the training facilities.
- Part II - Practical “on the job training”, carried out on-site.
- Both parts are delivered in separate alternating modules of 10-15 days each.
- Este formación se puede proponer en español.
The practical training can vary from 75-100 days, hence the course can last a total of 135-160 days.
Theoretical training (in the training facilities) 55 days
- Professional basic training (10 days)
- Physical parameters; liquid vapor equilibria notions; fluid flow; heat transmission; chemistry notions; industrial chemical reactions.
- Products and processes (10 days)
- Quality tests, specifications; sampling safety procedures; refining processes; safety aspects; storage tanks, reception and expedition facilities; utilities; environmental protection; energy.
- Equipment operation and safety (35 days)
- Static equipment. Representation and operation.
- Rotating machinery (centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, compressors, steam turbines, electric motors).
- Thermal equipment (heat exchangers, furnaces, boilers).
- Instruments, process control.
- Safety in plant operation.
Practical training (on-site on-the-job training) 75 days
- Presentation, initial recommendations and safety instructions (10 days)
- General technical information: presentation of the refinery, main feeds and products.
- Safety: safety rules, specific instructions, control and protection, prevention, fire extinction exercises.
- Injury and life saving: preparation of rescuer degree.
- General training on the job (20 days)
- On different production units: equipment identification; operation follow-up; identification of the tasks involved, of structures and responsibilities of each member of the shift team.
- Specific job position study (15 to 25 days)
- Process, feeds and product characteristics, circuits, material and equipment, control; safety; operational instructions, procedures.
- Controlled practice in job position (30 to 45 days)
- Achievement of the various tasks involved in the job, under control of the assigned people of the shift team.
Evaluation process (in the training facilities) 5 days
- Continuous assessment during training modules. Final assessment at the end of theoretical training.
- Marks for practical exercises. Marks for technical reports on practical trainings.
- Personal job-based final report. Final examination to confirm proficiency (knowledge of circuits, equipment and processes, job practice).