15 days FOPS/FDEVGB
- Engineers from all upstream Oil & Gas disciplines: reservoir, drilling and well completion, treatment facilities, cost estimation, design, …
- This course provides the knowledge, methodology and tools to orchestrate work and integrate contributions of engineers from all disciplines working in a project team with the purpose of devising field development schemes.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- consolidate the fundamentals to lead a field development study,
- acquire world class methodology in Oil & Gas field development,
- assess and assemble contributions of all technical disciplines involved in mapping out a field development scheme,
- outline the design of flow-lines, processing facilities and export facilities,
- make an efficient contribution to field development multidisciplinary project teams.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Intensive 10-day work on a full field development project, with deliverables presented to a jury in a plenary session.
- Coaching throughout the training by industry experts for a highly interactive learning experience.
- Several teamwork sessions with practical exercises.
- Use of several professional software programs for designing facilities and sizing equipment.
Fundamentals of reservoir, drilling & completion 0.5 day
Well effluents behavior - Need for effluent field processing 0.5 day
Crude oil treatment 0.5 day
Production & injection water treatment 0.5 day
Gas processing & conditioning 0.5 day
Simulation of Oil & Gas field treatment 1 day
Case of offshore developments - flow assurance 0.25 day
Safety & environment 0.25 day
Project management 0.5 day
Petroleum economics 0.5 day
Field development project (teamwork project with experienced coach) 10 days
- DeliverablesData collection and analysis. Identification of the technically feasible scenarios. Selection of the optimum scenario.
- Design of flow-lines and study of flow assurance issues.
- Design of surface processing facilities: Process Flow Diagram (PFD), operating conditions, main control loops, …
- Design of export pipelines and estimation of floating storage capacities.
- Estimation of power requirements and consequently the fuel gas balance.
- Topside layout, minimizing hazards.
- Tentative schedule for the project. Cost estimation and project profitability analysis.
- Contracting policy. Local content policy.
- Jury: presentation of the results and comments with members of the Jury.
- Team work exercise, in order to promote an efficient collaborative work.
- Continuous coaching by industry experts, for a highly interactive learning.
- Use of several industrial-proven software for the design of the installations and the sizing of the equipment.