5 days REE/FDP
- Managers, geoscientists, reservoir engineers and petroleum engineers willing to deepen their knowledge in development project and uncertainties management.
- This course provides an understanding of fundamentals of field development projects, from geology to hydrocarbons recovery, with a special attention to the risk induced by the project’s uncertainties.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe best practices of Oil & Gas fields development projects,
- describe methods and criteria for economic evaluation of development projects,
- describe main concepts and tools of risks and uncertainties assessment, included experimental design & response surface methodology.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Interactive lectures and exercises.
- Field case study.
Economic evaluation of development projects 1 day
- Development decision making process.
- Projects economics: methods and criteria.
- Oil tax legislation.
- Types of petroleum contracts: concession, production sharing.
Field development project - Case study 3 days
- From discovery to development of an oil field: methodology from a real field case.
- Discovery phase: geological context, evaluation of reservoir properties, OOIP, reserves.
- Appraisal phase: field evaluation after each appraisal well.
- Development phase: several scenarios established from drive mechanisms definition and simulations.
- Production profiles.
- Surface/subsurface integration.
- Field monitoring.
- Economical evaluation of scenarios: CAPEX, OPEX, NPV, IRR, etc.
Introduction to uncertainties 1 day
- Why quantifying uncertainties in reservoir studies?
- Identification of the most influential static and dynamic parameters. Consequences on field evaluation and production forecasts.
- Overview of the response surface methodology and experimental design approach.