4 days MTE/ETHCO-E
- Engineers and technical staff (operation, maintenance and/or engineering) interested or involved in ethylene compression.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of ethylene compression pertaining to compressors technology, operation and efficiency.
- To learn about the technology and operation of ethylene compressors.
- To understand the basic design in relation to ethylene compression operating conditions.
- To monitor and optimize the performance of compressors.
- To identify most common failure modes and corrective measures.
Ways and means
- Study of actual cases based on industrial situations.
- Various illustrations of actual systems.
- Display of components of compressors.
Ethylene behavior during compression 1 day
- Ideal gas equation and implementation; isentropic compression; mass and volume capacity. Supercritical gas behavior.
- Practical compression laws: discharge temperature, power of compression.
- Pressure-Enthalpy diagram for Ethylene: for primary compressors and hypercompressors.
- Main limitations: risks of condensation, overheating, decomposition, grease deposits.
- Case studies: ethylene compression from 1 to 3000 bar.
Primary compressors behavior and operation 1 day
- Indicator diagram for ideal and actual cases.
- Influence of process temperatures and pressures.
- Dead volume: impact on the intake of the machine.
- Capacity control: different methods.
- Power, efficiency.
- Behavior of multistage reciprocating compressors.
- Typical troubleshooting.
- Operation: start-up and shut-down difficulties.
- Cases studies: industrial ethylene compression, troubleshooting.
Hypercompressors behavior and operation 1 day
- Compression ratio limitation due to axial loads on the crankshaft.
- Interstage pressure control, risk of rods overbendings or plunger/seals breaks.
- Discharge temperature limitation due to decomposition and oligomer deposits.
- Lubrication operation and survey: crankshaft, oil seal and cooling. Criticity of the oil type.
- Machine safety – PROGNOST™ type monitoring: axial vibrations, rod drop, oil temperatures and pressures, process temperatures and pressures.
- Typical defaults, solutions and diagnosis.
- Cases studies: various cases of troubleshooting.
Technology of primary compressors 0.5 day
- Main components: frame, cylinders, piston, piston rings, piston rod, crankhead, crankshaft, distance pieces, valves, rod seals.
- Auxiliaries: pulsation dampeners, crankshaft, seals and cylinder lubrication systems, cooling systems, safety devices.
- Capacity control technology: main components (unloaders, clearance pockets).
- Application: various compressor parts demonstrations.
Technology of hypercompressors 0.5 day
- Main differences with classical reciprocating compressors.
- Hypercompressor description: valves, cylinders, seals.
- construction and survey
- crankshaft lubrication
- rod seal lubrication
- oil seal and cooling