3 days REE/IMPACTGB
- Managers, engineers, and operations staff involved in the management of environmental issues of unconventional development.
- This course provides a thorough and applied knowledge of the environmental stakes of an unconventional Oil & Gas development project, including key technical requirements and regulation and public perception.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe the global prevailing context for unconventional developments for environmental management at worldwide level,
- identify key issues and impacts of specific shale gas activities (exploration, fracking, production),
- identify key technical requirements and regulations in USA and Europe,
- describe and discuss specific contents of a shale gas Environmental Impact Assessment, mitigation (treatments), and how to develop communication (public participation).
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Highly interactive training by an industry-specialist lecturer involved in shale gas project.
- Numerous case studies, applications and illustrations and teamwork sessions.
- Key Internet references.
The stakes: a controversial energy 0.5 day
- Public perception.
- The industry point of view.
Technologies: key issues for the environment 1 day
- Fracking and water.
- Air emissions.
- Wastewater & waste treatment.
Socio-economic impact & sustainable development 0.5 day
Environmental regulation & impact assessment 1 day
- Environmental regulation overview.
- Environmental Impact Assessment - Contents.
- Mitigation and emissions treatment.
- Case studies.