3 days MOT/MOTELEC-E
- Design or test engineers or technicians, currently working at manufacturers or OEM in automotive trucks or off-road fields and wishing to specify or use electrical drives in electric and hybrid projects involving technical and economic constraints.
- Integrate the automotive needs and constraints when specifying electric drives: running, operating conditions, phases of life, design, performance, architecture choices, cooling, integration requirements of reliability, quality, economic and industrial constraints.
- This training follows the training "hybrid and electric powertrains" and improves knowledge on electrical drives, electrical machines, power electronics.
- To know the fundamentals of electrical machines.
- To know the fundamentals of power electronics driving electrical machines.
- To know the fundamentals of electrical machine management.
- To know the fundamental of electrical drives.
- To know cooling technologies for electrical machine and power electronics.
- To understand the electrical drive design and the cooling design.
- To integrate the automotive technical, industrial and economic constraints in system design and make architectural choices.
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering and electromagnetic phenomena is recommended.
Ways and means
- Interactive talks with experts from automotive industry.
- Some components are dismantled and studied.
- The design electrical equations are suitable to specify a large number of automotive electrical drives.
This program can be improved with power electronics design using electric and control design of electrical machines Matlab Simulink simulation. Select next page "Design, modeling and simulation of electric drives" MOTELEC+ next page.
Automotive electrical drives 1.75 days
- Fundamental of electrotechnics: electrical measurements, electrical components (magnets, conductors, magnetic materials), magnetic circuits, production of magnetic fields, magnetic forces, electromagnetic induction, impedances (inductors, capacitors, electrical circuits), vector calculations (voltages and sinusoidal voltages, vector diagram, power calculation, currents, active and reactive power), electrical machines losses, performances and dimensions, single and three phase, real and ideal transformers.
- DC machines: fundamentals, equivalent electrical circuit, design rules, design and layout constraints, manufacturing processes, industrial and economic aspects, examples of vehicle applications.
- Synchronous machines: fundamentals, equivalent electrical circuit, design rules, design and layout constraints, manufacturing processes, industrial and economic aspects, examples of application of vehicle.
- Induction machines: fundamentals, equivalent electrical circuit, design rules, design and layout constraints, manufacturing processes, industrial and economic aspects, examples of application of vehicle.
- Cooling: cooling technologies, design rules, electrical machines heat losses calculation.
Automotive electrical drives power electronics 0.75 day
- Power electronics for machines control: choppers, inverters, rectifiers; technology, design and operation; characteristics, layout constraints, thermal and vibration aspects; electromagnetic compatibility; manufacturing processes, industrial and economic aspects; examples of vehicle applications.
- Power components: fundamentals, design and operations; conduction and switching losses; cooling (technologies, operation and design).
Automotive electric machines control 0.5 day
- Reminders on electrical machines control with electric or hybrid vehicles. Reminders on energy management with electric or hybrid vehicles. Torque and speed control issues.
- PWM construction and theory. DC machines torque control.
- Vector control. Park Equations. Flux and torque control of synchronous and induction machines.
- Sliding mode control of induction motors.