5 days FOR/INFORE
- Engineers and technicians interested but not involved in drilling: geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers, completion, production and process staff, platform designers, economists, etc.
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of drilling techniques and operations.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- acquire the vocabulary specific to drilling,
- review drilling operations and equipment,
- learn about roles and responsibilities of different professionals involved in drilling.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Visit to a drilling site.
- *When the course is delivered in Rueil, practical illustration is provided by a video.
Kindly refer to the following complementary courses which might be of interest: “Introduction to Reservoir Engineering” (E‑300), “Well Completion and Servicing” (E-411), “Oil & Gas Field Processing” (E-540).
ORGANIZATION OF DRILLING OPERATIONS 0.5 day
- Drilling principle.
- Cost, duration of a drilling job.
- Different people involved, types of contracts.
WELL ARCHITECTURE 0.5 day
- Reservoir notions.
- Functions of different casings.
- Parameters to be taken into account to determine well architecture.
- Examples of architectures.
DRILLING PRINCIPLES - EQUIPMENT 1.5 days
- Different types of bits.
- Drilling string.
- Drilling rig:
- Hoisting function and equipment.
- Pumping function and equipment.
- Rotating function and equipment.
- Power function.
- Safety function and equipment.
- Mud and solid treatment.
SPECIAL OPERATIONS 1.25 days
- Cementing operations.
- Directional drilling.
- Well control.
- Fishing jobs.
- Wireline logging, well test (DST).
DRILLING ON A SIMULATOR (Pau) 0.25 day
- Use of a well control simulator to show the drilling operations (tripping, drilling, running of casings).
OFFSHORE DRILLING OPERATIONS 0.25 day
- Different types of rigs.
- Problems related to their use.
WELL COMPLETION 0.25 day
- Reservoir-wellbore interface.
- Equipment for flowing wells.
- Well intervention.
VISIT OF A DRILLING SITE* 0.5 day
2017 course calendar
|Feb 06 - 10||Pau||€3,580||Online||By email|
|Mar 20 - 24||Pau||€3,580||Online||By email|
|May 29 - Jun 02||Pau||€3,580||Online||By email|
|Sep 11 - 15||Pau||€3,580||Online||By email|
|Sep 25 - 29||Pau||€3,580||Online||By email|
|Nov 13 - 17||Pau||€3,580||Online||By email|
|Nov 20 - 24||Rueil||€3,580||Online||By email|