5 days FLU/FLUE
- Drilling and completion professionals involved in drilling and engineering.
- This course provides a comprehensive understanding of drilling fluids characteristics.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- acquire a thorough knowledge of drilling fluids and rheology,
- learn how to choose the right equipment for solid removal,
- learn how to communicate efficiently with a drilling fluid specialist.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Application to a real case (project) for participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
FUNCTIONS OF DRILLING FLUIDS 0.5 day
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS 1.5 days
- Specific gravity.
TYPES OF FLUIDS 1 day
- Water base mud.
- Oil base mud.
SHALE INHIBITION 0.5 day
- Types of shale.
- Chemical and physical inhibition.
MECHANICAL & WASTE TREATMENT 0.75 day
- Selection of equipment and layout.
- Separation ranges.
- Overall efficiency.
- Waste treatment:
TROUBLESHOOTING 0.75 day
- Analysis and decision chart.
- Hole cleaning:
- Vertical well.
- Deviated and horizontal wells.