95 days FOR/FOFPE
- Young engineers involved in drilling and completion, supervisors, tool pushers.
- This course provides an in-depth, practical understanding of drilling and completion techniques, operations, equipment and procedures.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- assist in drilling/completions operations on site and, with some experience, manage those operations,
- define a drilling/completion program and, with some on-site experience, design and implement such a program,
- pass the IWCF “Combined Surface/Subsurface BOP Stack” Test.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience within the petroleum industry.
Ways and means
- Drilling simulator.
- Well control on a simulator.
- Equipment and cutaway tools display.
- Exercises, role-playing sessions and case studies.
- Summary notes prepared and presented by the participants.
- 10-day drilling/completion project, ending with a presentation to a jury.
- Site visits.
- Knowledge assessment on a weekly basis.
This training program is made up of two complementary training programs: “Drilling Engineering” (E-413) and “Completion Engineering” (E-414). The training includes several modules; each one can be attended independently.
Module 1 - GEOLOGICAL FIELD TRIP FOR DRILLERS (cf. E-416) 5 days
Module 2 - COMMON FUNDAMENTALS FOR DRILLING & COMPLETION (cf. E-419) 5 days
Module 3 - WELL PRODUCTIVITY & RESERVOIR - WELLBORE INTERFACE (cf. E-451) 5 days
Module 4 - WELL COMPLETION EQUIPMENT & PROCEDURES FOR FLOWING WELLS (cf. E-453) 5 days
Module 5 - WELLBORE TREATMENTS (cf. E-455) 5 days
Module 6 - ARTIFICIAL LIFT & WELL INTERVENTION FUNDAMENTALS (cf. E-458) 5 days
Module 7 - WELL ARCHITECTURE & EQUIPMENT (cf. E-420) 5 days
Module 8 - DRILLING FLUIDS (cf. E-441) 5 days
Module 9 - CEMENTING PRACTICES (cf. E-443) 5 days
Module 10 - BIT, DRILL STRING & FISHING WHILE DRILLING (cf. E-421) 5 days
Module 11 - DIRECTIONAL & HORIZONTAL DRILLING CERTIFICATION (cf. E-425C) 5 days
Module 12 - RIG & BOP'S & WELL CONTROL EQUIPMENT (cf. E-422) 5 days
Module 13 - WELL TEST OPERATION (cf. E-452) 5 days
Module 14 - DATA ACQUISITION DURING DRILLING OPERATIONS (cf. E-423) 5 days
Module 15 - WELL CONTROL (cf. E-471) 5 days
Module 16 - DEEPWATER DRILLING & DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATION (cf. E-428C) 5 days
Module 17 - HSE IN DRILLING & COMPLETION OPERATIONS (cf. E-424) 5 days
Module 18 - DRILLING & COMPLETION PROJECT 10 days
- Well architecture
- Completion design
- Casing and tubing calculations
- Fluids and cementing design
- Chronology of operations
- Presentation to a jury