60 days EAV/DOM
- Recently hired professionals, preferably with an engineering background, about to take up a position in downstream petroleum activities.
- Staff from other petroleum sectors (upstream, chemicals, etc.) taking up a downstream managerial position or from government agencies with responsibilities for petroleum matters will also benefit from this course.
- This course provides a better understanding of the downstream petroleum sector in its technical, economic, commercial and environmental dimensions (main refining units, key economic data and characteristics, management tools, …).
- No prerequisites for this course.
This module is a part of a 16-month master degree program, Petroleum Economics and Management, run by IFP School
Refining 6 days
- Crude oils and finished products.
- Refining processes.
- Deep upgrading.
- Environmental constraints.
- Consequences of the reduction of heavy fuel oil outlets.
- Short-term refinery management.
- Unit margins.
Decision sciences 4 days
- Linear programming: simplex, duality, economic interpretation, etc.
- Refining supply and demand.
- Refinery investments, costs and margins.
- Dynamic programming, non-linear programming, MCP problems in their applications in Energy industries (Gas and Electricity).
Downstream management & sustainable development (refining, gas & power) 22 days
- Mid and downstream business: oil refining, petrochemicals and products.
- Utility management: coal, gas and power.
- Renewables and Environmental Management.
Commodities markets & trading 5 days
- Introduction to commodities markets (energy, soft, tropical & non-ferrous).
- Physical oil markets.
- OTC products.
- Future markets. Options.
- Risk management and hedging.
Strategic marketing & management 8 days
- Role of marketing in the firm and in the economy.
- Marketing organization.
- Measuring the firm's competitiveness.
- Designing a development strategy.
Advanced econometrics 5 days
- Applied probability and statistics.
- Applications of statistical and probabilistic concepts.
Independent study 10 days
- Personal research work.