5 days REE/GAS
- Reservoir engineers, petroleum engineers, field development engineers and production engineers involved in gas & gas condensate reservoirs development.
- This course provides an extensive and practical knowledge in understanding and developing gas & gas condensate reservoirs in the best efficient way.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe PVT modeling of gas condensates,
- describe main concepts and parameters related to gas condensate reservoir performance, well performance, surface facilities and treatments,
- estimate condensate gas reservoir accumulations and evaluate corresponding development plan,
- describe MBAL™, PROSPER™ and GAP™ concepts, capabilities and synergies,
- optimize global production through integrated modeling by using above mentioned software tools.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Interactive lectures and exercises.
- Hands-on practices using state-of-the-art software packages: MBAL™, PROSPER™ and GAP™ for estimating reservoir recovery, wells productivity and surface network performance.
- Field case development project based on real data set.
Reminders about gas reservoirs 1 day
- Properties of natural gas: dry gas, wet gas and gas condensate:
- PVT modeling of gas condensates.
- Experimental data for gas condensates.
- PVT sampling procedure.
- Condensate banking.
- Flow regimes (transient, steady-state, pseudo-steady state).
- Gas wells testing. Gas wells deliverability.
- Condensate gas wells testing.
Reservoir performance & modeling: prediction of production profile 0.5 day
- Reservoir modeling through material balance.
- Introduction to MBAL™.
- Data input and modeling aspects with MBAL™.
- History matching with MBAL™: analytical and graphical methods.
- Tank model building with MBAL™: PVT and correlations matching, history matching.
Well performance 0.5 day
- Introduction to well performance nodal analysis: inflow/outflow.
- Introduction to PROSPER™.
- Review on wells productivity:
- Productivity Index (PI).
- Empirical Inflow Performance Relationship (IPR),
- Vertical Lift Performance (VLP) correlations and curves.
- Building initial well system with PROSPER™.
- IPR modeling with PROSPER™: building a wellbore model, sensitivity studies.
Integrated production modeling & optimization 0.5 day
- Onshore, offshore, deep offshore surface facilities for gas condensates:
- Specific gas condensate process issues.
- Full field optimization & forecasting approach.
- Introduction to GAP™: software overview and main functions.
- Integrated production system models from reservoir to surface: how to link MBAL™, PROSPER™ and GAP™ models.
Integrated gas condensate reservoir development project 2.5 days
- Global production modeling linking MBAL™, PROSPER™ and GAP™: application to a gas condensate reservoir:
- Building the tank model by matching the production history data and identifying the production mechanisms.
- Tuning a PVT correlation by respect to data from the PVT report.
- Generating well performance model for various wells (vertical, slanted, horizontal): generating IPR model, VLP model; matching well test data.
- Global production system modeling:
- Identifying the bottle necks in the production system.
- Optimizing the surface network to meet the initial target in production profile: elements in the network to be implemented, controls in chokes, manifolds, separator constraints.
- Proposing various solutions in order to improve the production profile.