5 days PL/PCGB
- This course is aimed at professionnals who have already occupied a position within a project task force and need to understand the techniques of the project control process.
- This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the techniques nedded to controla project:and practical knowledge of the tools and techniques to control a project (framework, costs, scheduling, value analsysis, risks and peformance assessement).
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- specify scope and interfaces of the project control function,
- improve communication among project actors,
- master project control information: collection, process, report,
- apply different methods and tools related to project control,
- identify areas of concern and propose a corrective action plan.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- The course is illustrated by numerous examples taken from actual exploration & production projects.
- A project case study is used stage-by-stage while constantly comparing the standpoints of the company and the contractor.
Durations serve as a guide and may vary depending on course organization, knowledge of the group of trainees and the client’s request. This module is part of the certification E-740C, which may be validated only after all modules have been completed.
PROJECT CONTROL FRAMEWORK 1 day
- Project control process map.
- Project scope and execution strategy.
- Project control plan implementation.
COSTS 1 day
- Cost estimating and budgeting.
- Resource planning.
- Project cost accounting.
- Assess cost performance.
- Project historical database management.
SCHEDULE 1 day
- Schedule planning and development.
- Progress and performance measurement.
- Assess schedule and resource performance.
VALUE ANALYSIS & RISKS 1 day
- Value analysis and engineering.
- Risk management.
- Assess risks factors.
PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT ROUND-UP, PROCUREMENT & CHANGES 1 day
- Assess integrated earned value.
- Assess work process and productivity.
- Report project performance assessment.
- Procurement planning.
- Change management.