3 days SEC/SIS-E
- Engineers and technical staff involved in design, operation and maintenance of SIS.
- Ensure that design, operation and maintenance of a SIS will meet the expected risk reduction.
- Specify the attended risk reduction factor.
- Understand Safety Integrity Level (SIL) concept.
- Use IEC 61511 methodology for design and operation.
Ways and means
- Step by step case study.
SIS and industrial risk management 0.75 day
- Identification of required Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) with Safety Reviews (LOPA & HAZOP).
- Concept of Independent Protection Layer (IPL).
- Determination of required Safety Integrity Level (SIL) using a Risk Matrix.
SIS design 1.5 days
- Functional Specification: SIF allocation, cause/effect matrix, functional analysis, redundancies and fault tolerance requirements according to SIL.
- System Specification: Safety Programmble Logic Controller (S-PLC), Humane Machine Interface (HMI).
- Software specification: voting, maintenance bypasses and sensor signal analysis. Actuators discrepancy management.
- Hardware specification: recommended technologies for sensors and actuators.
- SIS Validation: required documents; Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT - SAT).
SIS operation 0.75 day
- Management of bypasses and changes.
- Definition, implementation and optimization of inspection and test program.
- Step by step application of IEC methodology to a small process unit:
- risk and IPL analysis
- SIS specification
- test definition including periodicity
- test procedure validation.