5 days FOR/OFDWE
- Young engineers and supervisors, toolpushers with some experience in drilling.
- This course provides an in-depth, practical understanding of offshore drilling techniques, operations, equipment and procedures.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- know about different offshore rigs,
- know about equipment specific to offshore drilling operations,
- understand the process of a subsea development.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience within the petroleum industry.
Ways and means
- Videos, animations.
- Application to a real case (project) for the participants in the “Drilling and Completion Engineering” training course (E-412C).
* Duration includes competencies assessments.
OFFSHORE SPECIFICITIES 3 days
- Offshore rig description: jack up, anchored and dynamic positioning floating platforms
- Limits of use of the rigs
- Specific equipment for floating platforms
- Mud line suspension
- Subsea well head and equipment
- BOP, BOP closing unit, risers, positioning
- Subsea Xmas tree and equipment
- General overview
- Different types: vertical, horizontal
- Running procedures
SUBSEA FIELD DEVELOPMENT 1.5 days
- Chronology of operations with the different types of rigs
- Typical subsea development schematic
- Tie back
- Deepwater stand-alone development
- Subsea field layout
- Production control system
- Well architecture for deepwater well
- Typical drilling
- Casing programs
TEST 0.5 day