3 days APD/AUTFUEL
- Engineers and technicians in all industries concerned with motor fuel quality improvement.
- To provide a thorough understanding of changes brought to motor fuels by evolution in engine technologies.
- To learn about current and future motor fuel characteristics.
- To analyze factors affecting motor fuel quality: end use, regulations and engine technologies.
- To understand issues of air pollution constraints and air quality improvement.
Ways and means
- World-class experts from the R&D of IFP Energies nouvelles.
Gasoline 1 day
- Market trends and shares of different gasoline fuels.
- Design and operation of the alternative engine with spark ignition (gasoline), description of fuel injection systems.
- Required properties for automotive gasoline. Considering the present and future evolution, the key points are developed as follows:
- Volatility: vapor pressure and ASTM distillation. Volatility influence on the engine operation.
- Combustion: decisive factors, nature and incidence of knock, definition and measure of the gasoline octane numbers.
- Toxicity: benzene, aromatics and olefins content.
- Corrosiveness and stability: mercaptans.
- Exhaust gas pollution: gas composition and impact on the environment, pollution reduction.
- Manufacturing scheme of automotive fuels. Characteristics of petroleum stocks produced in refineries.
Diesel fuel 1 day
- Market trends, problems due to the important development of Diesel engines.
- Design and operation of the alternative engine with compression ignition (Diesel).
- Required properties for Diesel fuel. Considering the present evolution, the following points are particularly developed:
- Viscosity: impacts on equipment of the injection circuit and on the injection quality.
- Combustion: auto-ignition delay. Definition and cetane number measurement.
- Influence of the cetane number on the combustion quality.
- New regulation (Euro 6): impacts on after-treatment for Diesel engines.
- Cold flow properties: cloud point and Cold Filtering Plugging Point (CFPP).
- Pollution by exhaust gases of the Diesel engine: particles, HAP, NOx.
- Diesel fuel formulation and manufacturing.
Alternative fuels and biofuels 1 day
- For each alternate fuel, pro and cons, performances and necessary car modifications are analyzed.
- Gaseous fuel: Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG-Motor Fuel), Natural Gas Vehicles (NGV) and Dimethyl Ether (DME).
- Liquid fuels: ethers, Gas-To-Liquids (GTL), Coal-To-Liquids (CTL) and other bases.
- First generation biofuels: ethanol, ethers (ETBE and MTBE), E10, E85, biodiesel B30, B100.
- Second generation biofuels: Biomass-to-Liquids (BTL and NExBTL).
- Emulsions: Diesel-Water Emulsion.
2016 course calendar
|Oct 04 - 06||Rueil||€1,700||Online||By email|