5 days RAF/DADSV-E
- Engineers, senior operation personnel and technical supervisors interested or involved in the operation, optimization and monitoring of crude oil atmospheric distillation and residue vacuum distillation units.
- To deepen understanding of the operating and monitoring of atmospheric and vacuum distillation units.
- To grasp fundamental process control and the impact of each controller on the process and on the characteristics of the cuts produced.
- To analyze desalter operation and corrosion monitoring.
- To learn about potential deficiencies and troubleshooting.
Ways and means
- Applications, teamwork, case studies and interactive workshops based on typical real situations.
Realizado en Español si requerido. Der Vortrag kann auch auf Deutsch gehalten werden.
Impact of crude oil quality on products 0.5 day
- Tuning of the volatility of petroleum fractions in view of their end-use: constraints and flexibility of cut points; principal problems related to quality.
- Crude oils: properties (TBP analysis), product yields, related margins.
- Main schemes for crude oil fractionation.
Operating conditions of an atmospheric and vacuum distillation units 2 days
- Material balance: cut points, product characteristics, separation quality.
- Top condensation and pressure in the column - Partial pressures.
- Feed vaporization: inlet temperature, overflash.
- Product stripping: steam stripping and heat stripping.
- Heat balance of the column - Pumparounds and heat integration.
- Modern internals for crude oil distillation column.
Desalting and corrosion control 0.5 day
- Corrosion by sulfur, naphthenic acids and mineral salts.
- Crude oil desalting: purpose, functioning of the desalter, operating variables and troubleshooting.
- Downstream neutralizing treatment: purpose, advantages and drawbacks.
- Controlling corrosion at the head of topping column and anti-corrosion techniques.
Safety and environmental concerns 0.5 day
- Process risks: H2S, inflammability, auto-inflammation.
- Risks related to main equipment: furnace, pumps, vacuum system.
- Heat recovery optimization and energy consumption.
- Efficient and low energy consumption vacuum equipment (steam ejector vs liquid ring pump).
Process control, operation and troubleshooting of multi-draw-off columns 1 day
- Different control systems in atmospheric and vacuum distillation columns, using flowrate, level or temperature control.
- Cut point control: modification of flowrate of a cut and consequences on the column.
- Impact of the preflash on the operation of the furnace and the atmospheric column.
- Separation control: tuning of the separation selectivity, consequences on the column and on the heat recovery system.
- Influence of pressure and pressure control.
- Case studies on overall control setup of these two distillation columns and disturbances.
- Maximizing the performances of the unit under constraints or limit conditions.
- Start-up - Shutdown - Troubleshooting.
Disturbances and troubleshooting 0.5 day
- Stripping shutdown.
- Failure of one pumparound pump.
- Loss of part of the feed, etc.