3 days TRT/CGT
- Professionals, involved in natural gas trading, who need to negotiate or implement natural gas contracts.
- This training provides participants with the fundamental features and structures of natural gas long-term sales contracts and transportation agreements.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- identify the main articles of long-term natural gas agreements,
- explain the keys points of the commercial clauses,
- evaluate the principles of natural gas pricing and transportation.
- Basic knowledge of natural gas and LNG chain.
Ways and means
- Examples of contracts.
- Case studies on contracts.
- Simulation of negotiation.
LONG-TERM NATURAL GAS SALES CONTRACTS 2 days
- Primary issues about long-term gas agreements.
- Main natural gas agreements.
- Analysis of the main articles of long-term agreements:
- duration: depletion contract, supply contract, peak shaving, seller's nomination and interruption,
- quantity: ACQ, DCQ, MDQ, swing factor, excess gas and take-or-pay,
- quality: technical specifications, acceptable limits and non-conformity penalties,
- price: indexation, market value and net-back value,
- delivery point: place, measure, frequency, precision and flexibility,
- Responsibility: force majeure, transfer of rights, expert, arbitration and applicable law.
- installation, counting system and analysis, obligation of information, confidentiality, invoicing and payment,
- entitlement, risk and general disposals.
- Recent evolution of natural gas long-term contracts: short-term contracts and tolling agreements.
NATURAL GAS TRANSPORTATION AGREEMENTS 1 day
- Main principles of natural gas transportation agreements.
- Analysis of the main articles:
- delivery point/redelivery, specifications,
- quantity and capacity booking (delivery commitment, booked capacities profile and transportation obligation),
- tariff structure (ship-or-pay, fix or variable pricing),
- quantities allocation and procedure, gas delivery procedures, quality settlement and removal schedule,
- duration, force majeure, tie-in deposit and general dispositions.
- Recent evolution of gas transportation agreements.