5 days PL/CPGB
- This course is geared towards project engineers strongly involved in contractual issues of upstream Oil & Gas projects.
- This course provides a comprehensive understanding of project contract and procurement issues as seen by an oil company and a contractor.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- grasp the increasingly challenging contractual relations involved in an Oil and Gas project,
- apply proven methods to solve the issues and put successfully a project in the right contractual framework.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- The course is illustrated by numerous examples taken from actual exploration & production projects.
Durations serve as a guide and may vary depending on course organization, knowledge of the group of trainees and the client’s request. This module is part of the certification E-740C, which may be validated only after all modules have been completed.
INTRODUCTION 0.5 day
- Different types of contracts.
CONTRACTING STRATEGY 0.75 day
- Assignment of main equipment.
- Endorsement of the design dossier.
- Interfaces between contracts.
- Local content.
- Single sourcing/open book tendering.
- Design competition.
- Interfaces between patrimonial agreements and operations contracts.
CALL FOR TENDER PROCEDURES 0.75 day
- Tendering phase.
- Instructions to tenderers.
- Tender schedule.
- Tender evaluation procedure.
- Inflation and currency hedging.
- Final selection and contract award.
- Single source contract.
- Contractor bid preparation.
EPC CONTRACT CONTENT, CORE ARTICLES & EXHIBITS 1 day
- Agreement (articles and annexes).
- Examples of main articles.
- Vendor lists.
EPC CONTRACT, LIABILITY & INSURANCE 0.5 day
- Insurance basis.
- Knock for knock principle.
- Risk management process.
- Risk assessment and reduction.
- Claim control for projects.
PROCUREMENT, EXPEDITING, STOCK MANAGEMENT, TRANSPORTATION & CUSTOMS 0.5 day
- Procurement strategy.
- Procurement management process.
- Long lead items & critical equipment.
- Procurement management organization.
- Company control of procurement.
- Procurement systems.
- Material control.
- Logistics and incoterms.
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION 0.5 day
- Progress measurement and control.
- Change orders.
- Claim management.
- Closing, reception and warranties.
NEGOTIATION 0.5 day
- Principles and methodology.
- Case study.