5 days PL/CONWKSUPGB
- This course is aimed at managers, engineers, plant supervisory staff (construction, maintenance, operation) and contractor staff (engineering contractors and constructors) in charge of revamping, small, medium-size or large oil & gas projects.
- This course provides transverse ways and means in terms of experience, know-how and soft skills that are essential to construction supervising positions.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- apply proven practices within operational situations,
- define a suitable organization and execution plan, adapted to the plant requirements,
- manage critical interfaces with operational staff, at each step of the project implementation,
- identify and manage safety, health and environment issues during project design and execution.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Quiz will be used throughout the training course to ensure the trainees have understood the main ideas.
- Photos and videos will be used to illustrate the subjects.
The content may be customized upon client request. An offshore approach is possible. Durations serve as a guide and may vary (5 to 15 days ) depending on course organization, knowledge of the group of trainees and the client’s request.
Works supervision 1 day
- Roles and responsibilities of stakeholders in an Oil & Gas project.
- Different stages of an Oil & Gas project.
- Importance of preliminary stages.
- Field modification works: responsibilities, constraints and challenges.
- Working on operating facilities.
- Roles and constraints of field operators.
- Site organization, typical site construction manual.
- Construction contractor organization and relationship with it.
HSE 1 day
- Typical construction risk analysis.
- Organization of operations on the facilities.
- Works supervision procedure.
- Simultaneous operations (SIMOPS).
- Work permits (instructions, procedure, audit).
Work instructions & quality issues 1 day
- Procedures to be enforced, their objectives, base principles and validation process.
- Learning how to read the plans.
- How to supervise quality of prefabricated and site works.
- Quality control at supplier’s premises.
- Visiting a construction contractor.
- Visit reports.
Construction supervision 1 day
- Preparation and organization of successful meetings with the contractor.
- Basic notions of welding (principles and used techniques).
- Follow-up of works for each discipline (piping, E&I and mechanical).
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Planning, cost and schedule control.
Relationships & team work 1 day
- Roles and responsibilities of team leaders (leadership and relationships with the other stakeholders).
- Qualification, knowledge and aptitude.
- Reflexes, rules and obligations.
- Non-conflictual interpersonal relationships.
- Feedback and lessons learned.
- Proper communication.
- Use of emails.