59 days PL/CONSUPGB
- This course is aimed at professionals with a significant experience in Oil & Gas surface production who are called upon to become a construction superintendent.
- This course provides the in-depth technical knowledge of Oil & Gas processing operations, along with the managerial and communication skills needed for construction superintendents. The required high-level knowledge stretches over a wide range of issues in relation to production, maintenance, intervention on well, construction, site works, …
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand all issues of the overall production process, from reservoir to offloading facilities,
- anticipate production and maintenance constraints on works,
- understand state-of-the-art Oil & Gas construction techniques,
- identify HSE management rules and individual responsibilities,
- apply methods and communication skills,
- anticipate anomalous events and react effectively,
- propose well-argued plans to improve construction activities.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Several applications and illustrations (videos, samples, tools, …).
- Intensive teamwork.
- Use of dynamic training simulations.
Modules indicated with (1) are common with production training E-552C Production superintendent certification, in order to give the trainee the best knowledge of production constraints. The content may be customized upon client request. Durations serve as a guide and may vary depending on course organization, knowledge of the group of trainees and the client’s request. This course is eligible to be delivered as a certification. Please contact us for more details.
Oil, water & gas processing (1) 10 days
- Effluent behavior. Fundamentals of thermodynamics. Specifications.
- Oil processing. Production and Injection water treatment. Gas processing.
HSE in production operations, construction & maintenance works
HSE management & safety engineering (1) 18 days
- HSE risks, flammability, overpressure systems: PSV, flare network, closed and open drains, …
- Safety in operation, safety during construction & maintenance works.
- Work permit system. Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS) management, …
- HSE management systems. Management of change. Downgraded situations. HSE referential & responsibilities.
- Safety engineering, safety systems, human factors. Incident analysis and reporting. Root Cause Analysis.
Multidisciplinary conferences 3 days
- Terminal and FSO/FPSO. Deep offshore: development challenges and specific operating constraints.
- Flow assurance. Chemicals injection monitoring. Deposit prevention and monitoring.
- Field Operations Initiative (FOI): objectives and methodology.
Project control 4 days
- Management of contracts:
- Contract strategy, documentation, call for tender, tender analysis and choice of contractor.
- Contract administration. Request for variation order, variation order. Claim.
- Planning & Costs:
- Schedule. Trend, adverse trend. Schedule analysis.
- Cost. Follow-up. Variation.
Construction technics 14 days
- Construction technics:
- Lifting & handling. Equipment erection on site. Civil works, structural steel, equipment layout. Piping (welding and weld controls), and installation (erection, pipe-racks, supports). Electrical and instrumentation. Painting, insulation works.
- Offshore works:
- Preparation of offshore operations. Load out methods: lifting, skidding, rolling. Sea fastening.
- Transportation and installation barges, vessels. Marine warranty surveys.
- Offshore and deep offshore operations. Anchoring, positioning.
- Hook-up, pre-commissioning. Offshore organization.
- Oil & Gas equipment:
- Onshore sites. Offshore facilities.
- SPS and other subsea equipment. Pipelines (onshore & offshore).
- LNG tanks. Terminals (onshore & offshore).
Shutdowns: organization, coordination & management 5 days
- Preparation of the works:
- Tasks. Integration of the actions followed by the superintendent.
- Schedule and organization charts of preparation works and of the realization works.
- Subcontracting level, HSE impact.
- Organization of the works:
- Analysis of the works: range of coordination, definition of the resources, duration, weather conditions, technical constraints or HSE specific requirements. Integration of the construction site constraints in calls for tender and documentation.
- Adaptation of the analysis to the role and to the capacity of preparation of the company.
- Application: organization of a shut-down sequence with hot works.
- Book of shut-down works: role, constitution. Schedule: sequence, schedule with bars, margins, critical path, leveling of resources, general schedule, by company, by building trade, by device.
- Application: elaboration of a coordination schedule.
- Quality. Pre-commissioning, commissioning, transfer to production. Reports.
Work methods & communication 2 days
- Work methods and team management.
- Written and oral communication.
Revisions & Oral assessment 3 days