5 days PL/CONST2GB
- This course is designed for field engineers and supervisors from the upstream sector that are responsible for the overall management of construction site activities.
- This course provides an overview of team management, site control scheduling, cost control, contracts, pre-commissioning, commissioning and quality.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- evaluate and manage construction site risks,
- apply construction management skills,
- monitor and control quality, schedule, and costs during construction activities.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- This course is illustrated by:
- Exercises for each step of the construction progress,
- Numerous examples taken from Oil & Gas construction activities.
This module is part of course E-730, which may be validated, upon request, after all modules have been completed. The content may be customized upon client request. Durations serve as a guide and may vary depending on course organization, knowledge of the group of trainees and the client’s request.
TEAM MANAGEMENT 2 days
- Site work organization, roles and responsibilities, organization charts, coordination of site supervisors.
- Communication: purpose and management of periodic meetings, information tools, team-building.
- Management of site access cards, night shifts, back-to-back rotation, shift handover reports.
- Vendors mobilization/demobilization depending on contracts types. Contract reviews.
- Management of individual performance.
- Relationship with contractors and subcontractors: contracts (lump sum, reimbursable, change-orders), conflicting situations.
- Relationship with field operations.
- Reporting: how to prepare synthetic reports.
SITE CONTROL SCHEDULE, COSTS & CONTRACTS 2 days
- Schedule: main field constraints, optimization of detailed construction schedule, validation with subcontractors.
- Contractual progress measurement and reporting. Recovery plan in case of delays.
- Cost control: reporting, challenging of change requests, subcontractor productivity control (when appropriate).
- Construction all risk insurances (CAR).
PRE-COMMISSIONING, COMMISSIONING & QUALITY 1 day
- Quality control: interfaces between prefabrication and construction/installation activities.
- Quality control of work on site, non-conformity reports, technical queries, site instructions.
- Material control: organization of warehouse, storage areas, receipt/control of main equipment and bulk material (quality/quantity).
- ISO-9001 requirements (non-conformances, deviations to construction standards, as-built documentation, …).
- Ready for commissioning (mechanical completion): discipline checklists, categorization and management of punch-list.