20 days PGP/CONSMAN
- Young field engineers and supervisors from Upstream or Downstream sectors, having the responsibility to manage Construction activities at Site.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the construction activities up to precommissioning, the associated management challenges and control tools.
- To evaluate and be aware of HSE/Security risks on construction site.
- To enhance knowledge of construction activities.
- To develop Construction management skills.
- To monitor and control quality/schedule/costs during construction activities.
Ways and means
- A project case study is used through the course with exercises proposed to participants for each step of the Construction progress.
- Each step of the course is illustrated by numerous examples taken from actual Oil & Gas construction activities.
Module 1: Construction techniques 3 days
- Lifting & handling (special tools and methods), cranes.
- Work at height.
- Equipment erection on site. Scaffolding.
- Civil works, structural steel, equipment layout and foundations.
- Piping connection (welding and weld controls), and installation (erection, pipe-racks, supports).
- Electrical and Instrumentation. Basics for installation on site.
- Installation of power and instrument cables.
- Painting, insulation works.
- Precommissioning activities.
- Specifics of Revamping projects.
Module 2: Site visit in Martigues (France) 2 days
Module 3: Team management 5 days
- Construction planning, field work organization, roles and responsibilities, organization charts.
- Coordination of site supervisors.
- Communication: purpose and management of periodic meetings, information tools, team-building.
- Management of site access cards, night shifts, back-to-back rotation, shift handover reports.
- Vendors mobilization/demobilization depending on contracts types. Contract reviews.
- Management of individual performance .
- Relationship with Contractors and subcontractors: contracts (lump sum, reimbursable, change-orders), conflicting situations.
- Relationship with Field operations.
- Reporting: how to prepare synthetic reports.
Module 4: Site control schedule / quality / costs 5 days
- Schedule: main field constraints, optimization of detailed construction schedule, validation with subcontractors.
- Contractual progress measurement and reporting. Recovery plan in case of delays.
- Quality control: interfaces between prefabrication and construction/installation activities. Quality control of work on site, Non conformity reports, technical queries, site instructions.
- Material control: organization of warehouse, storage areas, receipt/control of main equipment and bulk material (quality/quantity).
- ISO-9001 requirements (non-conformances, deviations to construction standards, As-Built documentation…).
- Cost control: reporting, challenging of change requests, subcontractor productivity control (when appropriate).
- Ready for Commissioning (mechanical completion): discipline checklists, categorization and management of punch-list items.
- Construction all risk insurances (CAR).
Module 5: HSE / Security risk management on the field 5 days
- HSE Prevention Plan: definition and evaluation of risk, subcontractor organization and training. Preventive action plan.
- HSE Incident Management: Root Cause Analysis of incidents, including Consequence Analysis. Immediate actions.
- Corrective and Preventive actions. Reporting. Communication and crisis management. Experience feedback. Emergency Response Plan.
- Surveillance: surveillance plan, field HSE audits, Safety tour, behavioral observations, Subcontractor HSE evaluation.
- Monitoring of SIMOPS activities.
- Identification and analysis of construction risks: root analysis, electrical risks, wrong gestures and postures, work at height, radio protection, use of gas, lifting and handling, fire, work in confined spaces, defensive driving.
- Security Management: definition, site management with regards to external events (Robbery, kidnapping, data).
- Security control and technologies.