60 days PRO/FOFPCE
- Young engineers involved in drilling and completion, supervisors, tool pushers.
- This course provides an in-depth, practical understanding of completion techniques, operations, equipment and procedures.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- assist in completion operations on site and, with some experience, manage those operations,
- define a completion program and, with some on-site experience, design and implement such a program,
- pass the IWCF “Combined Surface/Subsurface BOP Stack” Test.
- No prerequisites for this course.
Ways and means
- Well control on a simulator.
- Equipment and cutaway tools display.
- Exercises, role-playing sessions and case studies.
- Summary notes prepared and presented by the participants.
- 10-day completion project, ending with a presentation to a jury.
- Knowledge assessment on a weekly basis.
- Upon successful completion of a knowledge test, the IWCF “Well Control” Certificate is delivered.
Module 1 - GEOLOGICAL FIELD TRIP FOR DRILLERS (E-416) 5 days
Module 2 - COMMON FUNDAMENTALS FOR DRILLING & COMPLETION (E-419) 5 days
Module 3 - WELL PRODUCTIVITY & RESERVOIR - WELLBORE INTERFACE (E-451) 5 days
Module 4 - WELL COMPLETION EQUIPMENT & PROCEDURES FOR FLOWING WELLS (E-453) 5 days
Module 5 - WELLBORE TREATMENTS (E-455) 5 days
Module 6 - ARTIFICIAL LIFT & WELL INTERVENTION FUNDAMENTALS (E-458) 5 days
Module 13 - WELL TEST OPERATION (E-452) 5 days
Module 15 - WELL CONTROL (E-471) 5 days
Module 16 - DEEPWATER DRILLING & DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATION (E-428C) 5 days
Module 17 - HSE IN DRILLING & COMPLETION OPERATIONS (E-424) 5 days
Module 18 - PROJECT ON COMPLETION PROGRAM 10 days
- Completion design.
- Tubing calculations.
- Fluids design.
- Chronology of operations.
- Presentation to a jury.